General Fiat 500s rims

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500s rims

Hi everyone. First post for me :) I've bought a very nice black 500s on a 65 plate with 11000 miles on it. My wife funnily enough said it would look nice with bigger rims. So my question is will I have any grief changing from 16 inch rims to 17 inch rims. I believe the tyre profile will be a 205. Thanks......dennis

Hi everyone. First post for me :) I've bought a very nice black 500s on a 65 plate with 11000 miles on it. My wife funnily enough said it would look nice with bigger rims. So my question is will I have any grief changing from 16 inch rims to 17 inch rims. I believe the tyre profile will be a 205. Thanks......dennis

Hello and welcome.

Wheels are a matter of personal taste, but the consensus of opinion here is that 16" is as far as you really want to go with a 500; 17" wheels will give a seriously hard ride and a slight decrease in performance and economy.

If you want the most comfort and the lowest running costs, fit the smallest wheels & highest profile tyres you can.

Last edited:
Don't do it! The ride on 16" alloys on an abarth is much better than 17", so going that big on a 500s will be quite painful. Of course if you live on roads that are smooth and well maintained it might be worthwhile, not seen any around where I live like that for years!

Back