General Fiat 500pop

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500pop

Anne E

Hi all, yellow triangle sign came on this morning. Said it was DRL, bulb out drivers side, got bulb replaced, sign still on, but if lights on full it disappears. Ended up scrolling down and putting them off. Any other ideas? Not a clue about cars, an elderly lady driver. Thanks

Welcome
Start the car headlights off
In the menu, turn on day running lights
Now look see if one is out?

Also, with the key out, turn on the headlights check both front bumper lights are on dimly

It's been known that even a new bulb can be faulty
Let us know

Welcome
Start the car headlights off
In the menu, turn on day running lights
Now look see if one is out?

Also, with the key out, turn on the headlights check both front bumper lights are on dimly

It's been known that even a new bulb can be faulty
Let us know
Did all of the above the day running light doesnt come on, only when lights full on, have put them back on via the menu
Yellow triangle still on and thinking it can't be the new bulb if it's on when full lights on?
Thanks

When the headlights are on is the "side light" dim?
What year is the car there are several possible issues if it was ok and is now not one being the wrong bulb fitted
No when headlights on both side lights fine, it's a 2017 fiat 500 pop
Thanks

Which lights are the drls on the facelift model?
The led part? Or inside the led part?

No when headlights on both side lights fine, it's a 2017 fiat 500 pop
Thanks
Hi all went to my local garage and they have passed me on to auto electric place next door, they think maybe a loose wire. Will call the auto electric place tomorrow
Thanks for everyone's help. Keep you posted 🤞👍

Post a pic of the front lights off and on then you'll get a better answer

It's the light on the drivers side

Attachments

• 17114478213211461137436021744712.jpg
    17114478213211461137436021744712.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 24
Hi all, yellow triangle sign came on this morning. Said it was DRL, bulb out drivers side, got bulb replaced, sign still on, but if lights on full it disappears. Ended up scrolling down and putting them off. Any other ideas? Not a clue about cars, an elderly lady driver. Thanks
I had this exact issue with my Panda which is pretty much exactly the same car apart from the body shell, where the bulbs sits in the DRL holder there's 2 prongs which touch the contacts on the bottom of the bulbs, with mine I removed the bulb & one of the prongs was sitting lower than the other one, all was needed was something really small to get in there & very carefully pull the prong back into position without over doing it & breaking it & job done, I have to do this every few months, hope this helps

I think we may have just come across the cause of the issue as I've just looked at the photo, I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed but the faulty driver side DRL light is full of water, as we all know water & electrics aren't the best of friends
Yes I wondered about that too, and seems worse since new bulb fitted, yet the dry light comes on when full lights are on? I,m hoping it’s maybe a loose wire as I bumped over a drain on the road then shortly afterwards the learning light came on and light didn’t?

It's hard to tell from the photo what lights are on...

Is there a cover on the back of the light, should be a sealing cap. If there is water in it then you need to empty it and dry it. Hair dryer works well.

Last edited:
I think we may have just come across the cause of the issue as I've just looked at the photo, I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed but the faulty driver side DRL light is full of water, as we all know water & electrics aren't the best of friends
What's the chances the inner wing guard has go awol and the rubber cover is missing or badly fitted? Either way it's a bumper off remove light cluster put in "boiler cupboard " over night to dry out check all connections for corrosion etc worst case new/used cluster? Or has it suffered a knock?

What's the chances the inner wing guard has go awol and the rubber cover is missing or badly fitted? Either way it's a bumper off remove light cluster put in "boiler cupboard " over night to dry out check all connections for corrosion etc worst case new/used cluster? Or has it suffered a knock?
No no bang plus rubber cover was there on Sunday when Halfords fitted bulb

No no bang plus rubber cover was there on Sunday when Halfords fitted bulb
Was the plastic cover that's about 9" x 6" in the inner wing guard, you can see the hole in the wing guard if its missing just by looking under the wing towards where the light is in the bumper, if its not there all the water from the wheel gets thrown into the rear of the bumper area, they very often disappear especially in older cars, the fix is to drill holes in it and cable tie it in place, just a possibility.
If the wing guard is there and the rubber cover is correctly in place it suggests the sealing has failed and again a bumper off job to check, not a hard job on a newish car.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
That's exactly what I was thinking corroded connections etc & worst case would be a replacement cluster being that is full of water, not too sure how much a replacement cluster is for a 500

Back