Technical Fiat 500 Twinair Tightening Torque Specs and Info

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 Twinair Tightening Torque Specs and Info

Sprax

Hi all,
I've got a 2012 Fiat 500 Twinair T0.9L 85hp.
It's currently up on jacks with the engine out because it needs a new oil cooler/filter housing at the rear of the engine block.
I'm mainly in need of the tightening torque specs for that oil cooler housing to the engine block, but if anyone has more, or any other useful info about this engine, it would be greatly appreciated. Even after finding a workshop manual in German that actually covered this engine there are a few torques missing and a whole lot of the engine left unexplored.
Besides the difficulties to find information online or workshop manuals for it, the engine hasn't been too hard to work on or remove, and it's been a really fun car for my girlfriend to drive being a light, turbo, cute twin cylinder with a unique sound. But the small random things that need fixing are seemingly impossible to find guidance on without access to the Fiat or Mechanics networks.

P.S. If anyone knows anything about the preload for the wastegate actuator rod on the Twinair I would love to hear it as well(or even just a close-up pic of the correct rod length).
The previous owner found play in the valve axle, and got an o2 sensor error from the intake, so adjusted the rod length to lower the stress on the engine components thinking the wastegate wasn't working correctly. I got it home and turns out the pipe from the intercooler to the intake had a split underneath it at the clip to the intercooler, I patched it then and now I'm replacing it. I adjusted the actuator rod length "back" as close as i could from pics but a concrete length or close-up pic would be great.

Thanks.

For those ancillaries you can use stadard torques. M8 is 25 Nm and M6 is 15 Nm, i think you can find torqe tables on the net. If you look at torque settings of other manufacturers you will find they are in this range. Don't overdo on aluminium.
I think the wastegate rod is a manufacturers setting, it's a pity previous owner didn't care of. If you can reach it without taking away any parts I could measure mine, but at the moment nothing is to do on my car (fingers crossed).

Back