General fiat 500 twinair by abarth

Currently reading:
General fiat 500 twinair by abarth

Yeah, photoshopping might be the only way get a view, but I kinda feel like I shouldn't have to do that. I'm also concerned that the black alloys with black paint might be a bit much.

Here's the picture they sent. Rubbing strips left off. I'd also consider changing the alloy centre caps for those with the red surround

Hopefully the alloy rim on the black might may it a 'runner'. You wouldn't know until you see it in the flesh.

Those Black rimmed Abarth centre caps are unique to the TA Abarth pack model. On the A500 model they have changed from Red to Chrome. Feel that the Red rimmed ones are getting a little dated despite having a set.

Re the rubbing strips I prefer them off for the clean lines but I was surprised how well they looked on Easty's TA.

I had a Red BM for 8 years & I wanted a 'break' from the colour so I opted for Black on the first 500. If you want Black then a Black roof might tick that box on the Red - it's unfortunate that it's only available on the TA+ but you've 'penciled' the glass roof in anyway.

Black needs a lot of looking after and show up all the 'marks'. Like the look of that Red one.

My missus wanted us to order the black one, which had a long waiting list.

I believe Glynn Hopkin Fiat "St Albans" may have a black one coming in as there next demo car to replace mine maybe worth a phone call

Good suggestion from Easty. If Black is what tickles your fancy it might be worth 'high tailing' it over to the Dealer when it comes in.

Yeah, photoshopping might be the only way get a view, but I kinda feel like I shouldn't have to do that. I'm also concerned that the black alloys with black paint might be a bit much.

Here's the picture they sent. Rubbing strips left off. I'd also consider changing the alloy centre caps for those with the red surround

Kit_Abarthjpg_5916260.jpg

Saw a red one in my dealer's showroom last week when I visited re the S/S problem on the TA. Must admit was pretty impressed with what I saw when 'kitted up' I was never a lover of black wheels but on seeing them with the silver rim they looked impressive. Has got me thinking when time to change.:tempt:

Still waiting to hear back from Fiat, and will certainly bear in mind chasing the dealer in St.Albans, but in the meantime I have finally managed to find a link.

http://500blog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/new-fiat-500-twinair-w-pack-by-abarth.html

Its a really bad picture, but my initial thoughts are it doesn't look as good as the red, and on this colour I'd be inclined to agree with Easty and dump the stripes. The fact that the mirrors appear to have been painted/wrapped in a different shade of red to the stripes doesn't help either

Yes that looks nasty with the red stripes...rip those off and put matt black ones on...
6594552455_a55c2ac6af_z.jpg

That one has the north american bumpers on it

Kit_Abarthjpg_5916260.jpg

Here is my crossover black standard twinair plus to give an idea of the all black look https://www.fiatforum.com/members-motors/281639-our-new-twinairplus.html

That looks well. The different shades of black creates a nice contrast. I think you've found your car.:)

That one has the north american bumpers on it

Lifting that picture from the URL that bazves posted that is the 'Standard' U.S. Abarth 500 as opposed to U.S. Fiat 500 with the Sport bumpers.

How about just getting a 'plain' Black Abarth 500. After my T-jet experience if you're sensible with the A500 it should return in the mid 30s with the early 40s on country run. Plus it comes with stability control and better brakes which are all good safety features.

Prices for a A500 with no extras in the Scorpian Black will be in the same ballpark as a Twin Air plus. If you can't stretch the extra £1-£2K then a demo model with small miles on the clock should come within budget.

Attachments

• Fiat-1-e1322513061232.jpg
    Fiat-1-e1322513061232.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 52
Thought I'd update this thread in case anyone 'googles' for the same information that I was after - pictures of the Twin Air in Crossover black with the 'Pack by Abarth' option.

After a very long search (with little help from Fiat UK) I found what appears to be the Dutch version of Autotrader..

http://www.autowereld.nl/fiat/500-abarth/

Inbetween the 'proper' abarths there are a number of Twin Airs with the Abarth Pack option in both Red and Black. I've come to the conclusion that I prefer the red I think.

While most likely be placing an order for a car in the next couple of and although I've haven't settled 100% on the 500, its the main contender. And if I do end up with one its a good chance it'll be in the spec as the car appears on the first page of this thread :)

Thought I'd update this thread in case anyone 'googles' for the same information that I was after - pictures of the Twin Air in Crossover black with the 'Pack by Abarth' option.

After a very long search (with little help from Fiat UK) I found what appears to be the Dutch version of Autotrader..

http://www.autowereld.nl/fiat/500-abarth/

Inbetween the 'proper' abarths there are a number of Twin Airs with the Abarth Pack option in both Red and Black. I've come to the conclusion that I prefer the red I think.

While most likely be placing an order for a car in the next couple of and although I've haven't settled 100% on the 500, its the main contender. And if I do end up with one its a good chance it'll be in the spec as the car appears on the first page of this thread :)

There was a red with the Abarth pack one in my local dealer's showroom about a month ago. (PDH Findon Valley, Worthing).. Black decals on the bonnet and the scorpion wheel caps, black wheels with silver outer rim. I think is was just over £13k. Must admit it looked very smart indeed. If I had seen this 12 months ago i would have opted for it. Needless to say it didn't stay in the showroom very long

Why go for the TA with abarth pack when you can get a brand new Abarth (pre reg) for 12k+ ? I'm just curious as they are the two cars that i'd consider :)

Why go for the TA with abarth pack when you can get a brand new Abarth (pre reg) for 12k+ ? I'm just curious as they are the two cars that i'd consider :)

I'm not into fast cars, its all about the visuals for me. The 'Abarth' engine for me would be a waste of money.

I think I would have to have a test drive in an Abarth to form my own opinion. I have been told the suspension is a bit hard and may not suit. However this is just Hearsay, so as I mentioned a test drive is the way to go.:confused:

Running costs on a A500 can be more considerable than a TA. The temptation to modify a A500 often involves a 'level of restrain'. The car goes a lot faster and you can come into a spot of 'bother'. Traffic lights can be an interesting affair with guys in big Mercs wanted to see what you're made of , etc. Depending on how you're stickered up it can be a red rag to a bull.
Aside from all the flag waving you will end up having to deal with a Fiat garage that 'handle' Abarths - servicing, warranty items (of which there can be many :eek:), etc. cost more with more 'down time'.

Downside of a TA with an Abarth kit is a bit like 'all show & no go' but there is a simple attraction about it and for those in the know it will be recognised as just a Fiat 500.

I think I would have to have a test drive in an Abarth to form my own opinion. I have been told the suspension is a bit hard and may not suit. However this is just Hearsay, so as I mentioned a test drive is the way to go.:confused:

Suspension on the standard Abarth 500 is quite suble compared to a F500 1.4 and when you drive them back to back the A500 feels more like a bigger car. When you hop back into the F500 it feels a bit more dinky but likeable. You somehow feel that you wouldn't get into too much trouble.:eek:
The suspension on the A500 esseesee IMHO is a bit of a disaster - it's too hard and you've have to be doing a R8 style tour of the nubringring to do it any justice.

Back