General fiat 500 twinair by abarth

Currently reading:
General fiat 500 twinair by abarth

My local dealer has a red one in stock. Looks very nice.
This particular one has red leather. That puts the price above a twinair plus.

I've yet to see it in black, but reckon it would look great.
I'd still choose the TA+ though for its higher spec as the side
mouldings and rear spoiler upgrades are quite difficult to tell they've
been fitted in my eyes.

Thanks for the feedback. Interesting to hear about the red paint/red leather combo, its something I'd considered but didn't know if it would be too much.

I'm just starting to look for my next car, and the 500 is high on the list. Think I'll pop down to the local dealer at the weekend and have a nosy :)

Where abouts are you? the car I was referring to is in Griffin Mill, near Cardiff.

If you test drive the twinair, chances are you'll love it. A very few can't get on with the power delivery, or don't like the engine note, but most love it to bits. Including me !! :D

My local dealer has a red one in stock. Looks very nice.
This particular one has red leather. That puts the price above a twinair plus.

I've yet to see it in black, but reckon it would look great.
I'd still choose the TA+ though for its higher spec as the side
mouldings and rear spoiler upgrades are quite difficult to tell they've
been fitted in my eyes.

Never a fan of red on red. Like the black roof on the red (it's a 'cheap' price) but is an option that would be 'lost' on a black. As close as you can get to an Abarth that has no insurance 'issues' and for time being is London congestion charge free.

Yes, the red leather is too much for me on the red paint.
I don't think you can specify piano black roof on crossover black paint.

I'm thinking of putting a matt black roof on my crossover black twinair when it arrives.

I checked the configurator and you are correct in that you can't specify the black roof on the Twin Air + which make a lot of sense.
You've spotted a possible demand for a matt roof on a shiny black one.

RobW recommended a vinyl wrap from my white car to give a black roof which sounds like the best option. You can take it off it you have a change of heart plus you are not messing with the paint warranty.

I would suggest delaying the vinyl wrap if you decided to go for it so that the paint has a good chance to harden probably. Someone else who is a 'paint expert' would know when the paint on a new car is fully cured.

Never a fan of red on red. Like the black roof on the red (it's a 'cheap' price) but is an option that would be 'lost' on a black. As close as you can get to an Abarth that has no insurance 'issues' and for time being is London congestion charge free.
Ditto. We've got red leather with black ambience and BNW. Contrast is good, too much red would be...... too much red.....

I've played around alot with the configurator, its easy to load up on those options. I think if I went for the red paint it would have to be black leather and vice versa.

Although by the time you have added the abarth pack, leather and a couple of other options its not that much more money to an abarth, so thats something I'll also be considering.

I've played around alot with the configurator, its easy to load up on those options. I think if I went for the red paint it would have to be black leather and vice versa.

Although by the time you have added the abarth pack, leather and a couple of other options its not that much more money to an abarth, so thats something I'll also be considering.

If you left out the Leather option and stuck with the 'standard' Sport seats with is half covered in Leatherette what price is it coming to ?

IMHO the Abarth 'add on' kit is good value for money and you might have more room for negotiation on a TA than on a A500.;)

The servicing is cheaper with the F500 than the Abarth and if you have a warranty issue it can be dealt with in any Fiat garage as opposed to a designated Abarth garage.

Last edited:
Twin Air (Red) with Abarth kit = 12,700
Twin Air Plus (Red) with Abarth kit = 13,800

Abarth (Red) = 14,700

I dont know enough about the difference between the TA and TA + to know if th extra 1100 is worth it. I also quite fancied the black roof, which is only available on the TA+ I think. By the time I've added the extra options I'd fancy (Fogs/coloured roof/interscope) price is up to 14,415. Adding leather pushes the price up to 15,195 :cry:

Twin Air (Red) with Abarth kit = 12,700
Twin Air Plus (Red) with Abarth kit = 13,800

Abarth (Red) = 14,700

I dont know enough about the difference between the TA and TA + to know if th extra 1100 is worth it. I also quite fancied the black roof, which is only available on the TA+ I think. By the time I've added the extra options I'd fancy (Fogs/coloured roof/interscope) price is up to 14,415. Adding leather pushes the price up to 15,195 :cry:

If you compare the TA+ with the TA most go with the TA+ because it comes with Climate (nice but not essential) & Blue & Me (IMHO essential). If specified as an option on the TA you have to add in the colour coded mirrors and the Sporty steering wheel. So the 'gap' is closed.

As 'compensation' for the black roof at £185 on the TA+ this option costs £700 o a MiTo so it's cheap !
Abarthy bits push the price up to £14K.
Compared with the Abarth 500 you are missing Fog lamps and the ESP. Fog lamps wouldn't bother me - you'd hardly notice them missing but the ESP along with the ASR is debatable but if 'push came to shove' I probably wouldn't pay the £320 extra for it. Comparing the price with other brands who charge around £1000 it's reasonably priced but it will be standard on new cars at some stage. The Abarth not only has ESP but has TTC which is needed in the wet with the extra horses.
Interscope is supposedly good but still falls short. I would trade this option for a Tom Tom Live 2 Sat Nav which seamlessly integrates with the 500. But if you think you'd like it spec it since it cannot be retro-fitted.
I also like splits (rear seats) at £160 on either the A500 or the F500.
Leather - you'll find that the standard sport seats wear well - separate threads on the leather covering that. On a A500 I would spec the leather in Red but not on a Red car !
If you decide to opt for the Abarth model check insurance prices and check the Abarth section to get some idea on servicing costs. Temptation to increase the power on a A500 and up the wheel size can be too much for some. With the TA you'll be leaving it standard.
Hopefully others who have recently bought their TA+s will be able to give some indication if they have been able to secure discounts.

Attachments

• TA Abarth.jpg
    TA Abarth.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
@lovehandbags - thanks for the detailed response, certainly given me food for thought.

I'm not really into the extra power of the A500, I just love the way it looks. For me a car is more about the visual appeal and gagdet/toys rather than the engine. And I guess although the intial purchase prices may be close the Abarth would cost alot lot more over the course of ownership

@lovehandbags - thanks for the detailed response, certainly given me food for thought.

I'm not really into the extra power of the A500, I just love the way it looks. For me a car is more about the visual appeal and gagdet/toys rather than the engine. And I guess although the intial purchase prices may be close the Abarth would cost alot lot more over the course of ownership

You've summed it up nicely. A simple example is to upgrade from 16s to 17s on a A500 only costs £170. But these bigger wheels cause extra strain on the car and the extra grip from the bigger tyres can cause extra wear on the gearbox. Tyre replacement is more expensive than the 16s. But if I was specing a A500 I would still include them.:bang:

Personally I would get the A500 since I have relatively cheap insurance and I like the T-jet engine. But if you happy with the power from a TA and have more resonable running costs then it could be easily justified.

That TA+ in the Abarth spec would be quite unique and since it is dealer supplied it will be easy to insure since it is not modified.

The abarth pack on the twinair plus is not as good value as twinair, As the wheels are already 16" on the plus model.

I think they should have priced the option seperatley between the 2 models
with the plus about £250 cheaper.

Last edited:
The abarth pack on the twinair plus is not as good value as twinair, As the wheels are already 16" on the plus model.

I think they should have priced the option seperatley between the 2 models
with the plus about £250 cheaper.

That is a good option for the Poster. TA model, B&Me and the Abarthy bits and £1K is 'saved' bringing the price to around £13K.
To get the black roof one could get it wrapped or one could opt to go for the 500 in Black.
You 'lose' the Climate, coloured mirrors, heavy rear tints.

Re the Twin Air being good value IIRC it was only £500 over the TA Pop and it came with the Sport seats (much better than the Pop seats IMHO) & Black alloys (no 'silver' was available then).

Comparing the price of the TA & TA+ - if you add up the extras that make up the TA+ there doesn't appear to be any saving except that you get the option of the Black painted roof.

Well I had a fun weekend trawling round the Car dealerships. It was nice to see the 500 up close. In the showroom they had a Twin Air and Twin Air + and a Lounge, and I must admit I quite liked the look of them all. However when I asked about the Pack by Abarth, he claimed there one no such thing (i.e. Abarth are a seperate company, dont make parts for Fiat blah blah blah). We agreed to disagree :). And having seen the interior of the Twin Air the standard leatherette seat do look quite nice. I think comparing the Twin Air and Twin Air +, based upon the options that I actually want, putting the pack on the Twin Air is a better option.

I must admit after looking at most other manufacturers, the Fiat certainly appeals. The only other thing that appealed was the new VW Up!

Should have told him to put the fiat configuration tool in his web browser, then show him the option. After putting at least £10 on it first though. :D

Or ask the salesperson if they would half the delivery charge !

Well I had a fun weekend trawling round the Car dealerships. It was nice to see the 500 up close. In the showroom they had a Twin Air and Twin Air + and a Lounge, and I must admit I quite liked the look of them all. However when I asked about the Pack by Abarth, he claimed there one no such thing (i.e. Abarth are a seperate company, dont make parts for Fiat blah blah blah). We agreed to disagree :). And having seen the interior of the Twin Air the standard leatherette seat do look quite nice. I think comparing the Twin Air and Twin Air +, based upon the options that I actually want, putting the pack on the Twin Air is a better option.

I must admit after looking at most other manufacturers, the Fiat certainly appeals. The only other thing that appealed was the new VW Up!

The Up is getting a lot of publicity. Never a fan of 3 cylinder engines although they are good at the pumps.

Remember that the alloys on the Abarthy pack are the 'by diesel' ones sprayed black with an 'alloy' rim - lovely contrast and are shown on post #15. If you did decide to go for it would Fiat entertain a special request to have a black painted roof on the Red on the 'TA' model ?
Alternatively specing just the Glass roof would give a similar look.:idea:

Last edited:
Alternatively specing just the Glass roof would give a similar look.:idea:

Having sat in both a 500 with and without the glass roof, its definetly something I'd like to have. My current car has it and I think I'd miss it. That means the Black roof is now off the cards.

From what I've been able to work out from the website, the TA + costs £1100 more than the TA. To get all the available options costs £1005, plus you get the 16 inch wheels and the 'option' to include black roof and passenger with memory. The abarth pack negates the different wheels and the roof/seat options are not something I'm bothered about, so looks like speccing up the TA with the Abarth Pack plus options is the way to go

Last edited:
Having sat in both a 500 with and without the glass roof, its definetly something I'd like to have. My current car has it and I think I'd miss it. That means the Black roof is now off the cards.

From what I've been able to work out from the website, the TA + costs £1100 more than the TA. To get all the available options costs £1005, plus you get the 16 inch wheels and the 'option' to include black roof and passenger with memory. The abarth pack negates the different wheels and the roof/seat options are not something I'm bothered about, so looks like speccing up the TA with the Abarth Pack plus options is the way to go

Given the black ambiance of the TA the glass roof brightens up the inside considerably. I don't miss it on the MiTo and didn't on the 500 Sport but it is nice. It is tempting to go for the opening sunroof but personally I couldn't live with the head room loss particularly on the passenger seat. The black roof / glass roof minimises the 'tallness' of the 500 and makes it look more proportional. With the fixed Glass roof Climate is ideal but I'd rather trade that for the Abarthy bits.

This might be the first Abarthy spec F500 on here.

Back