Technical Fiat 500 twin air not starting

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 twin air not starting

Samberlady

Hi. My Fiat 500 twin air from 2015 won’t start at all. It is with my local garage. They have checked the plugs, battery, and had an electrician out aswell. We are all stumped as everything is in working order. Has anyone got any ideas?
Thank you.

Thanks I’ll report that back to the garage.
A proper engine scan would be needed to identify if this has failed and I would personally on ly entrust to a fiat dealers diagnostic equipment.

I have to say I am still unclear if this is a car that the starter works on, but does not start or a car with a dead starter.
Firing..but not cranking?
A 500 owner reported on here the car which was two weeks old stopped and would not go again. After much ado, Fiat piulled the engine apart and reportly replaced said sensor and then it went again. The post was possibly in the last year. If I can find it I will post the link.

@Samberlady

The twinair uses unusual tech .. where it employs the engine oil to control the input of fuel and air into the engine..

Problems with this oil equipment can mean no 'fuel' is available ... therefore the engine cannot run

However.. the engine not physically turning on the starter is unrelated ;-)

But... if they have checked the plugs..I assume its 'cranking ' on the starter ok..just not firing

So back to the UNIAIR parts that controls the fuel and air going into the engine.

Last edited:
Hi all. I just wanted to say a massive thank you to you all for helping me with me car. It is finally working and back to full health. It was the oil sensor which controls the fuel input. It only just showed up in the diagnostic as it wasn’t showing before.
So thank u again. Xxx

Back