Technical Fiat 500 stock exhaust differences

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 stock exhaust differences

ahmett

Prominent member
Hello guys, i have noticed a difference between the 1.2/1.4 exhaust and the TA exhaust. So now i can tell the difference between ta and 1.2 without hearing the engine!

Pic 1. My 1.4 exhaust (same as 1.2)
Pic 2. TA exhaust

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1366560335.110389.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1366560352.540091.jpg

Hello guys, i have noticed a difference between the 1.2/1.4 exhaust and the TA exhaust. So now i can tell the difference between ta and 1.2 without hearing the engine!

Pic 1. My 1.4 exhaust (same as 1.2)
Pic 2. TA exhaust

View attachment 115944View attachment 115945
Yes, the 1.2 has the silencer just before the tailpipes. The TA has a massive silencer in the mid section and a 'bulge' in the rear pipe which likely just a perforated inner section to 'tune' the sound.

I noticed this as well, a useful way to discern a TA... along with more obvious plumbing behind the lower grill at the front, although I suspect the diesel will have that as well.

I much prefer the look of the TA exhaust from the back, as I find the bulging back box on our 1.2 pretty ugly, you have this nicely done polished tip, with right behind it and completely visible untreated metal box... I suspect fitting part or all of the TA exhaust to a 1.2 would result in an odd sound however... Still I'd be tempted if it were just my car :D

Back