Technical Fiat 500 sport suspension after 11 months

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 sport suspension after 11 months

fiatsport77

Right quick break down ?
Changed the lower arms, drop links and top mounts in January on my wife’s 500 sport,

All seemed good but now getting a noise again after 11 months from the front suspension

I Changed out the drop links today thinking it could be the problem but the noise is still there, (over speed bumps)
100 % sure it’s not the anti roll bar bushes after having the car up in the air while doing the said drop links.
the top mounts was febi along with the new drop links what was also febi,
And the Lower arms were new from fleebay.

Sort of pushing towards it could be the bushes on the arms??
Anything else I could look at due think,
Did pry the arm bushes but they are a bit deceiving.

Could be anything I replaced the whole front suspension, all good for 18 months then noise over certain speed bumps, one failed new drop link replaced then all good for a while, I suspect either shocks(replaced with the rest) or spring in spring cup(spring replaced as above)

Spring cups looked good when swapping the top mounts, and springs seated correctly when putting back together,
Didn’t change them as they looked in very good shape,
I did think to give it a bit of wd where the spring meets the cup and see if that works maybe or dulls the noise, one other thing to rule out and tick off I suppose?
Otherwise I guess it’s dissemble whole front of car AGAIN?
Just to put new bushes in the lower arms.
Who ever designed these fiats
Should be tied up and water boarded for the amount of time it takes to swap the lower arms out ???

Spring cups looked good when swapping the top mounts, and springs seated correctly when putting back together,
Didn’t change them as they looked in very good shape,
I did think to give it a bit of wd where the spring meets the cup and see if that works maybe or dulls the noise, one other thing to rule out and tick off I suppose?
Otherwise I guess it’s dissemble whole front of car AGAIN?
Just to put new bushes in the lower arms.
Who ever designed these fiats
Should be tied up and water boarded for the amount of time it takes to swap the lower arms out ???

Yes I've wondered about a bit grease or something on the cup, I too didn't replace them(the only bit factory) I used Lemforder arms and top mounts/bearings, generally there's no noise at all just "certain" shape speed humps

I’ve not used power flex but I have used other brands of polyurethane bushes in several applications to good effect.
They do eliminate a lot of noise and movement but at the expense of slightly increased harshness.
I have been considering getting a pair of arms and a set of poly bushes ready to swap in when required...

Yes poly bushes= track day in my eyes or something with stupid fast bhp/torque (bmw diesel ?owner)
Never used them but I know they shake ya bones out ya body lol still don’t know why people use them on a 500

Back