Technical Fiat 500 roof trim panel flew off the car

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 roof trim panel flew off the car

I changed mine a year or so ago …. I can confirm they are glued down that’s all! No clips
Mine was damaged and a real bug bear for me….. getting my original off wasn’t easy but re fitting my new one was … especially with tiger seal

No this kit has two rubber seals, the one between the glass and the opening on the roof and the one between the glass and the metal panel that flew off.
Well mine is gone with the wind... You dont happen to have the part number of the seal kit? I believe OEM can also be replaced with automotive rubber seals in general, but just in case. Thanks J

The same thing has just happened to my Fiat while I was on a road trip! I think the heat melted the glue and then driving 5 hours down the highway blew if off 😭 Can you please confirm how you fixed this - this is the part that you bought, right? And are you able to link the seals you bought?
Thanks very much!

Attachments

• IMG_7988.jpg
    IMG_7988.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
@Jussi69

@Baglady1990

Can you recall any problems with the install?
a wait for the part, etc 🤔
Mine came from Italy I believe I found the part on eBay and it only took a few days to come to the uk i remember using tiger seal to re fit and I’ve not had any issues…. Getting the original one off was a pain as was getting the seal/glue residue off!!

Fiat sure new what they was doing didnt they!- cheep car & expensive parts!
it was glued down at the factory so anything similar you do should be as good if not better id say just depends if that panel has to be removed for any reason in the future? if so id go the tape option if not then theres plenty of adhesives out there to choose from!.

Hey - I have had the same issue, on a 500 model a couple of years older. How did the replacement process go?
And I'm in Belgium, so no excuse for the glue having melted! Thanks for all the helpful replies above.

My daughters 2008 indeed lost the panel the glue they used was dry, probably the sun and tha fact that glue is under black panel. Anyway new one costed an arm and a leg and is fitted with windscreen glue - that should hold for the rest of the life on 500.

Back