Technical Fiat 500 Pollen filter change

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 Pollen filter change

p0689109

I decided to replace the pollen filter on my rhd 2009 500 and followed the details set out in the Haynes manual. Removed the drivers side footwell panel and removed the plastic piece held on with a 5.5mm headed screw which seemed to be a retainer for the filter. Then comes the problem. They mention to unclip the cover and remove the filter but both myself and a garage dont see how the filter can be got to as it seems the box is sealed i.e there is no sign of a way to open the box! Any ideas?

I decided to replace the pollen filter on my rhd 2009 500 and followed the details set out in the Haynes manual. Removed the drivers side footwell panel and removed the plastic piece held on with a 5.5mm headed screw which seemed to be a retainer for the filter. Then comes the problem. They mention to unclip the cover and remove the filter but both myself and a garage dont see how the filter can be got to as it seems the box is sealed i.e there is no sign of a way to open the box! Any ideas?
Probably the same as your Haynes etc. but this is what Auto Data says, though I have heard that some models possibly without aircon, don't have pollen filter fitted.

Attachments

• DSCF0739.JPG
    DSCF0739.JPG
    443.1 KB · Views: 62
I will go for the last part of the entry as it makes sense. There certainly are no screws as shown in the attachments. Thanks for the quick reply.We live and learn.

If it does have a pollen filter, then the screw is behind a bracket (clutch pedal related??) and you cant get a socket on it anyway.
And you cant get a spanner on it as it's recessed in a plastic housing, that needs hacked off with a knife to have any hope of getting it without a major job undoing the bracket that's in the way.

Back