Technical Fiat 500 not starting

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 not starting

Joel12

My fiat 500 twin air turbo 0.9L 2011 engine doesn’t start when twisting the key lights come on but nothing happens but there a clicking noise from the starter relay that’s it. It has a new starter motor and new earth chassis part and new battery does anyone have a clue on why it is not starting?

Any lights on the dash!? When was the earth strap changed? Was the car starting after the change?
When it was jumped started there was an engine management light on and a triangle with an ! But when we turned it off it would start again and the earth strap was changed in 20/11/23

My fiat 500 twin air turbo 0.9L 2011 engine doesn’t start when twisting the key lights come on but nothing happens but there a clicking noise from the starter relay that’s it. It has a new starter motor and new earth chassis part and new battery does anyone have a clue on why it is not starting?

Hi

The cligcking suggests that SOME power is getting to the starter..
BUT.. not enough to spin the engine

Carefully watch the dash as you turn the key..
Do the RED battery and Oil lights go Dim.. Or stay bright?

Hi

The cligcking suggests that SOME power is getting to the starter..
BUT.. not enough to spin the engine

Carefully watch the dash as you turn the key..
Do the RED battery and Oil lights go Dim.. Or stay bright?
The lights doesn’t go dim when key is turned

When was the new battery fitted? does the Bluetooth work, I know odd question.
Turn on the ignition, don't start, turn on the headlights, look at them do they dim after say a minute or two?

Do you have access to another car that could jump start the car? if it jumps fine the battery is flat even if new, which leads to other questions

Turn on the ignition, don't start, turn on the headlights, look at them do they dim after say a minute or two?

Do you have access to another car that could jump start the car? if it jumps fine the battery is flat even if new, which leads to other questions
Well I unplugged the blue&me module since i

Hi
The battery was fitted about November December time I’ve unplugged the blue&me module since it was making the battery’s go flat but I used a jump pack that has enough power to jump a lorry and it done nothing when trying to jump the car

Could be the starter cables contacts. Clean them, if they're oxidized, check if the nuts holding them are tight, not getting loose. Measure the battery, at least the voltage if not stored amperage.

The starter is not turning
Are you confident Diy'er and know what you're doing re simple electrics?

Disconnect the starter wire, the thin one not the thick red one, use a meter or simple bulb with a wire, check there's a signal when the key is turned to start

Check the condition of the engine earth cable or simply replace for about £5

Connect a long wire to the terminal the original starter wire was connected, make sure the car is not in gear touch the wire on the red battery terminal, does it turn over?
If you're not confident get a mobile auto electrician to look at it or push start the car to get it to the garage?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back