Technical Fiat 500 Indicator issues

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 Indicator issues

Drozich

Hi,

I have a 2010 1.2 Pop and the left hand indicators are not working at all. I have checked the bulbs and all are fine so I am guessing it is a fuse or relay issue?

Could anyone advise on the fuse/relay location for the LH indicators or suggest what the fault may be? I have some issues with the loom at the top of the boot lid, could it be linked to this?

Many thanks in advance.

Stevie

What happens when you turn on the hazardlights? Stalk is a usual suspect. Or bodycomputer, but that's expensive.

gr J

Apologies mate, didn't realise I had responses.

Same issue when I put the hazards on.

Thanks.

You said you have some issues with your hatch wiring so I think you’ve answered your own question. There isn’t a fuse for the left indicator it’s a fuse for the indicators.

None of the LH indicators work. Are they all wired though the hatch?

Thanks you.

Stevie

Does EVERYTHING work correctly on the rear hatch? whilst the indicators are not on it its a possibility?

Hi there,

High level brake light isn't working at present. Does the wiring for the indicators go through there too?

Thanks,
Stevie

No mate, they don't work when the hazards are on either.

Thanks,
Stevie
If it’s not a fuse issue then I’d say hatch wiring! I repaired mine with soldier and heat wraps .. that repair lasted a year
I had to repair it properly with the kit off eBay as my rear brake light wasn’t working!

Hi,

The tell tale comes on, yes. Flashes much faster than usual as you would expect.

Thanks,
Stevie

Does the side repeater work
Have you tried new bulbs front and rear?

You could try, remove rear light cluster, swap the reversing bulb or brake and indicator, now see if it works, swap back afterwards

Hi there,

No side repeater either, none of them work on the LH side of the car.

Does the fact that the tell-tale on the dash works suggest that it is not the stalk or BCM?

I will try the swapping of lights though and see what happens. You never know.

I will be repairing the hatch wiring today anyway as I have my MOT soon. I don't know if that will help but it is worth a punt.

Thank you.

Stevie

Thank you.

I repaired the loom at the hatch, only one faulty wire for the high level brake light.

All bulbs checked and all are OK.

If the fuse was faulty then am I right in thinking that I wouldn't have any indicators at all?

Also, could anyone tell me where the indicator fuse is located? I have read numerous fuse box diagrams and nothing tells me which is the indicator fuse.

Thank you.

This pic may help
20211001_162842.jpg

20211001_162854.jpg

Only fuses I can see are 1 and 3 big ones in under bonnet fuse box and 49 under dash

pin 1,2 and 10 on the fuse box blue with white stripe are the wires to front/rear/side

Many thanks for your help on this, John.

Vehicle electrics are not my strong point but I am going to see if I can work it out from that wiring diagram. The car is booked in for Friday, just in case I can't sort it myself.

Stevie

Back