General Fiat 500 Cult

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500 Cult

Looks nice actually but not the end of the world = ) The only thing I look at regularly on the cluster is the rev counter and what gear I am on (dualogic) and those are unchanged = )

I agree it looks smart but I think the original suits the car better, might look good in an abarth though. I was driving a citroen picasso briefly while waiting for my 500 to arrive and quite liked the digital speedo once you got used to it.

An easier to read speedo would be welcome, but given the amount of glare that comes off the top of the column, I'm not sure that would be the case. At least with analogue instruments you can tilt your head and still spot the needles. With a TFT screen that trick won't work.

Was about to post a new thread but thankfully found this one!:eek:

Nice colour but ultimately what are you getting for all that extra money? Ok, there's the new 105hp TA, but apart from that? Some slightly fancier seats and a digital dash which looks a bit weird IMO considering absolutely nothing else has changed:p

And you still have the same tired old indicator stalks (which I am guessing will still crunch unlike the ones on the new Panda:confused:), electric window switches, electric mirror switches, cheap 11 year old handbrake/storage compartments...

Thing is though, this will probably sell just like the 500 always does!(y)

The indicators aren't that bad, it's a driving style thing. I haven't crunched mine in years and the wife doesn't do it in the Panda either.

Was about to post a new thread but thankfully found this one!:eek:

Nice colour but ultimately what are you getting for all that extra money? Ok, there's the new 105hp TA, but apart from that? Some slightly fancier seats and a digital dash which looks a bit weird IMO considering absolutely nothing else has changed:p

And you still have the same tired old indicator stalks (which I am guessing will still crunch unlike the ones on the new Panda:confused:), electric window switches, electric mirror switches, cheap 11 year old handbrake/storage compartments...

Thing is though, this will probably sell just like the 500 always does!(y)

......and discs all round!

The indicators aren't that bad, it's a driving style thing. I haven't crunched mine in years and the wife doesn't do it in the Panda either.

I don't disagree with you Maxi. I don't recall it ever being a major issue before with our old 500 either, maybe it happened a few times.

My point really is that the new shape Panda is a much, much cheaper car than the 500 (which is now a real premium product in the range), and yet in this instance it has got better components.

That shouldn't be the case, although I accept that if and when the 500's interior gets a significant facelift, the indicators will probably be swapped over to have the updated mechanism.

What I'd really like is for FIAT to add a factory heads-up display which includes speedo, tacho and current gear indicator.

Make it happen, FIAT! :D

Back