Technical Fiat 500 (2011) 1.2 - 'insufficient oil pressure, stop car and check' message on dash

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 (2011) 1.2 - 'insufficient oil pressure, stop car and check' message on dash

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheardy1969

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone out there has had this identical issue and if so, what was the fix please?

Fiat 500 1.2 petrol (2011) - "Insufficient oil pressure, stop car and check" message that alarms and then goes away instantly.

This message appeared on my daughters car twice inside 30mins just before Christmas. We checked the oil level after the car had been parked for a good 15mins and it seemed to be ok. She drove home and until today, we've not had the message again. Happened twice again today. It first came on a few seconds after driving away when she was turning round but did it again under normal straight driving.

Firstly, the car has been serviced well and had an oil and filter change from the garage we bought the car from last Summer. However, the message doesn't tell me it's a low on oil issue more something to do with how the oil is being used by the engine. I could be wrong as I'm not a mechanic and previous posts for this message on this forum (years back) do talk about checking the oil using the dipstick.

I don't see lots of posts for this message so I am assuming it isn't common. To confirm, just a message not a warning symbol. I have booked the car in at my local garage for some diags this Friday so hope it's something they can troubleshoot. His initial comment was it could be the "pressure switch" but time will tell.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Paul.

Last edited:
Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone out there has had this identical issue and if so, what was the fix please?

Fiat 500 1.2 petrol (2011) - "Insufficient oil pressure, stop car and check" message that alarms and then goes away instantly.

This message appeared on my daughters car twice inside 30mins just before Christmas. We checked the oil level after the car had been parked for a good 15mins and it seemed to be ok. She drove home and until today, we've not had the message again. Happened twice again today. It first came on a few seconds after driving away when she was turning round but did it again under normal straight driving.

Firstly, the car has been serviced well and had an oil and filter change from the garage we bought the car from last Summer. However, the message doesn't tell me it's a low on oil issue more something to do with how the oil is being used by the engine. I could be wrong as I'm not a mechanic and previous posts for this message on this forum (years back) do talk about checking the oil using the dipstick.

I don't see lots of posts for this message so I am assuming it isn't common. To confirm, just a message not a warning symbol. I have booked the car in at my local garage for some diags this Friday so hope it's something they can troubleshoot. His initial comment was it could be the "pressure switch" but time will tell.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Paul.

As you say, far from common

There isn't a Level sensor,
just a low pressure warning, the Red light that goes out when engine starts

THAT is via the pressure switch 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back