Technical Few Uno problems

Currently reading:
Technical Few Uno problems

So.

Cable changed, firmly tight on both ends, triple checked, and of course, no results.

Needle jumps up and down, and shows about 20 kmh if I go 60-70.
Well, guess I did all I could, and I am officially giving up. Also, I'll disconnect the cable, it's better to see the needle dead, then this jumping frenzy, innacurate too.

Drivegears come as standard, right? There are no more types, other than curved and flat? I mean, no various curved ones?

could it be that the actual spedometer is broken? i.e. you need a replacement instrument cluster.

Nope, got 2 of those. Tested both with drill, both working fine.

100% positive, problem is in gearbox/drivegear.

Cable and speedo are ok, 100% confirmed.

:(
Just don't know about that.... With cost of gearbox itself, plus cost of switching it, it could really be an expensive job :(
and my gearbox is fine other than speedometer :confused:

Can you see the speedo cable turning if you disconnect the instrument cluster and run the car?

Hope you got it sorted, I just saw some dude is selling a turbo dash on ebay and it reminded me of you, but its UK collect only, he only wants 20 pounds... wish I could fly there and grab it.

Hope you got it sorted, I just saw some dude is selling a turbo dash on ebay and it reminded me of you, but its UK collect only, he only wants 20 pounds... wish I could fly there and grab it.
Hurry and contact him! He'll most likely be willing to send it as long as you pay the postage. Just click "contact seller" and write him nice inquiry! :D

Can you see the speedo cable turning if you disconnect the instrument cluster and run the car?
Yes, I see cable turning. It turns slower than it should, and kinda stops for a milisecond from time to time.
I think that's what causes needle to jump, when it stops turning needle starts to fall, then it starts turning and needle rises, etc...

Are there maybe more similar types of drivegear for Uno gearboxes? With flat drivegear I got no response at all, with this one I get some response, maybe I need another one?

Back