Technical Few Uno problems

Currently reading:
Technical Few Uno problems

Lol I was just about to post that I'm still waiting on a confirmation, I'm glad you got sorted.

Attachments

• 20062010214.jpg
    20062010214.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • 23062010215.jpg
    23062010215.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • 23062010216.jpg
    23062010216.jpg
    961.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 23062010217.jpg
    23062010217.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • 23062010218.jpg
    23062010218.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • 23062010219.jpg
    23062010219.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • 23062010220.jpg
    23062010220.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
That first picture was added by mistake - it was taken on Sunday after a long return trip. Was bricking it for the last part, thinking I'd run out of fuel on the motorway, but thankfully I made it to the petrol station with fuel to spare.

I found out I can go (over?) 40 miles from when the fuel warning light comes on. :)

Louie did an excellent...https://www.fiatforum.com/uno/30202-fitting-sx-clocks-mk2-1-0-ie.html

If I get time I'll make it into a guide though I'm away on holiday at the moment. The beach and 95 degrees F are beckoning and will take priority ;)
That’s so funny Chas.. I remember making one of your posts into a guide when I was a mod here.. Same goes for AlexGS too I'm so touched :hug: :D

I Like how the tables have turned, but how come you two don't have Fiatforum email addresses? your not in the directory and it's got a wickid content filter!!!

Last edited:
Sorry, who are you?

:confused:

(I half forgot about the guide, and half CBA to find the link and post it ;) )

Last edited:
Hello God, nice to meet you.

You've been a bit quiet recently, whats with that, where you at?

Also, can you tell Jesus to stop telling me to climb in to the lion enclosure at the local zoo please? I barely escaped with my life the last time.

Cheers, you be with you,
Ucof.

LOL :D
Thanks a lot ppl for all the help :p

Still unsure on the white SX dials :rolleyes:

Here's how the drivegear came to me:
I was on the last scrapyard not checked so far. Drivegear was not to be found anywhere. Guy had between 10-15 Uno Gearboxes laying around, and he pulled drivegear from one. Of course, it was ordinary one (more curved gear, while mine id almost straight:bang:), and he said they are all like that.

I asked him to leave me tools, and let me try... He said sure, why not? And so, there I was, unscrewing 20 yrs old screws, pulling one by one drivegear to no avail, cursing... When I pulled last one, and it was like all before it, I gave up all hope. I was sure that my speedo will never work, as such a drivegear does not exist :mad:. I returned last one, assembled it, brought back the tools to guy, and washed my hands (well almost :)). I was ready to go home, and already sighed and thanked to guy.

Then, I noticed one more Fiat engine, laying between whole engines, in guys main room... I approached it, and it had all, alternator, gearbox, everything. i asked may I have one last shot, and he said, you deserved it :D. Now, the engine looked like Turbo one, but guy said it's diesel... Not sure what to make out of it, but in that gearbox was exactly drivegear I need. Of course, it was in the last gearbox I looked in, at the last scrapyard I visited....

But I was too happy to mind that :D. Costed me 7 euros.... :bang:

Now, I'm thinking of sleeping with it, to keep it from getting lost.

Lol I was just about to post that I'm still waiting on a confirmation, I'm glad you got sorted.
If you get positive response, I may still want it.
Either for my spares or for someone else's, dunno about there, but there are none of these here.

OK, time for some feedback...

I spent a few hours trying to set up my speedo, cable, and drivegear.
Think I did it all right, but speedo just refuses to work. Everything else, including revsmeter is working superbly. Also, I checked cable&speedometer with a electric drill :D, it works. So, problem is in drivegear... :mad:
It rotates the cable, but so slowly that speedo wont even register it. Ugh.:mad:

Here are some pics (work in progress obviously ;)):

062710125739.jpg

062710125716.jpg

As you can see, engine idles at about 1000 rpm. Is that ok?
Also, you can see that everything but speedo works (n). I am SOOO frustrated! Don't know what to do. I spent 3 hours setting it up, strached my hand badly, blah blah... :mad:

Take a look at this pic. I need ideas, all leather interior is done superbly, but this is the bad spot. How can I make this edges look nicer? All ideas welcome :)

062710130012.jpg

Thanks for reading my ramblings, folks.

Here is link to my gallery, if you want to see some pics of my Uno: :D
https://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=63388

I guess that the old, broken drivegear has chewed the ring on the differential that drives the drive(n)gear? :(

When you rotate the drivegear by hand (with a small screwdriver or similar), does it feel positively engaged with the diff or does it jump teeth easily?

If it jumps teeth, is the metal collar that goes on top of the drivegear properly located (vertical) - I think it has a small hole for the screw that holds it - is the screw in that hole correctly? If not, perhaps the force of doing up the screw has broken the ring that retains the metal collar in the housing :cry:

Either that or a chewed gear would mean a differential-off job to fix. Might be possible with the gearbox in place, if there is enough room to remove the housing. Don't give up ;)

As for the blue leather picture, I have no idea where that is, so can't suggest what might be supposed to fit in those square holes :eek: Can you give us a bit more context, feels like one of those games where you see a tiny part of the photo and have to identify what the photo is of! :D

-Alex

Last edited:
:D So, you like easy way :D

Hopefully, it hasn't chewed the inner gear that spins drivegear itself. That would be disaster :mad:. Furthermore, all inside gearbox is made out of metal, while drivegear is made out of plastic, so I hope gearbox is intact.
I will come out now, and see if it moves, following your instructions. Will post info later today....

As for the blue leather, we're moving on to new game...
Here are two pics, find the piece on them! :D
J/K of course, the part in question is opener of the cassette/glove box...
Now you can see it...

062710125959.jpg

062710125934.jpg

Went down, tried moving drivegear.
Totally stuck :(. Can't rotate it, cant pull it out again, nothing :(.
I believe I screwed it too tight (while missing the hole for screw), and bent something....
I am one really sad panda now. I have no clue how am I going to pull it out.

:cry::cry::cry:

Back