Feel good music...

Currently reading:
Feel good music...

in the OP i said things like trance and gave some examples to the things i like so not neccesarily just trance, but yes haha, trance can be extremely relaxing, some can be uplifting and make you wanna drive like a man on drugs.

thanks stu for those suggestions, gonna have a listen now.

@rightguard, was watching top of the pops 1976 other day, weird how everything has changed (im 19 btw but just saying lol)

And when you say 'the music people listen to now', well different people listen to a lot of different music ;)

Back in those days you became famous for a reason. Because you had talent (Example: you could write great songs, or play the guitar well).

Now you could download some software, make a tune, and it could rocket to number one in the charts, all without the artist doing anything.

I still hate trance etc. But now a new competitor has topped them all. 'Dubstep' has become my No.1 most hated style of music ever. :D

Back in those days you became famous for a reason. Because you had talent (Example: you could write great songs, or play the guitar well).

Now you could download some software, make a tune, and it could rocket to number one in the charts, all without the artist doing anything.

I still hate trance etc. But now a new competitor has topped them all. 'Dubstep' has become my No.1 most hated style of music ever. :D

very true!

Im not saying i dont like other music, just saying i do like some electronic stuff in the car. Plus a lot of these have only got big for doing what they do - making electronic music. If for example, tiesto became top of the rock charts, then id be worried.

very true!

Im not saying i dont like other music, just saying i do like some electronic stuff in the car. Plus a lot of these have only got big for doing what they do - making electronic music. If for example, tiesto became top of the rock charts, then id be worried.

True.

I have to say, I am very fond of 'Avicii - Levels' !

Ill pull some random ones from my itunes list.. nothing new, but i have them all on my 250gb hard drive in the car, yep and its full. mobile disco lol
i'm not just into rock music.. lol my music taste is... damn.. huge.

might not be what you had in mind though...

Slyder - Score
Slyder - Neo (The One)
Roger Sanchez - Another Chance
Robert Miles - Children
Armand Van Helden - My My My
Armand Van Helden - You Dont Know Me
Beatfreakz - Somebody's Watching Me
Chicane Feat. Bryan Adams - Don't Give Up
Cosmic Gate - Exploration Of Space
Delerium Feat. Sarah McLachlan - Silence
Divine Inspiration - The Way
Shapeshifters - Lolas Theme
DJ Encore Feat. Engelina - I See Right Trough To You (Radio Edit)
Faithless - Insomnia
Future Breeze - Temple Of Dreams
Jurgen Vries - The Theme
N-Trance - Set You Free (Original Mix)
Olive - You're Not Alone
Push - Strange World
Robert Miles - One & One

maybe you like some of them?
im not really into the modern stuff.. it always seems to have so guy in it rapping (attempting to like a "gangsta from da hood") and it spoils it. same with dubstep bass, wub wub wub.. i cant think of anything more that would cause you to crash!

why not do what i do and just stick a whole load of songs (different genre of music) on a usb drive and hit "shuffle device". nothing like a mix of everything, playing all songs i like makes me feel good.
only you really knows what "feel good" music is, as we all have different tastes.

Last edited:
It's 90's eurodance for my driving enthusiastically tunes,
Lalene - The Best
P.T.B. - Tell Me Why.
and lot's of others depends what kinda tunes your after.

But my king of tunes has to be
"Blizzard - Living In The Night"
Its the tune i lost my licence to, but i did stupid speeds back then :( rediculas speeds, :shakehead: glad i've grown up.

Depends if you wanna go this fast

Or this fast
363lol.gif

I don't suppose you'd consider any of the following would you? I like them but then I'm older than God's dog.

Golden Earring: Radar Love.
Thin Lizzy: Don't believe a word.
The Who: Going Mobile.
Lynnyrd Skynnyrd: Honky Tonk Night Time Man.
Deep Purple: Fireball.
Cream: NSU.

Or for those quieter, more relaxed driving moments.

Gary Moore: Don't believe a word. (Same song as above but slower)
Led Zeppelin: Since I've been loving you.
Pink Floyd: Shine on You Crazy Diamond.
Cars: Drive. (Predictable I know, but what the hell)

I don't know how old the you are Sam but, (in all probability) they might be a bit ancient for you, but have a listen anyway.

You call More and More fast :rolleyes: I won't retaliate with some real hardcore not Glorified Euro Dance.

Right Guard. I couldn't let your comment about saying you don't like a particular Genre pass.
As you say anybody can produce music. This means that any one genre has infinite sub Genres.
Take dubstep. What you probably term as dubstep is just one sub genre which takes the ethos of Car Bass CD's and Actual Dub Step. I was personally aware of Dubstep 5 or 6 years ago. It was a very chilled sound and had some rather lovely outcome. It still exists and even my Grand Parents like to listen to it in my car.

maybe you like some of them?
im not really into the modern stuff.. it always seems to have so guy in it rapping (attempting to like a "gangsta from da hood") and it spoils it. same with dubstep bass, wub wub wub.. i cant think of anything more that would cause you to crash!

why not do what i do and just stick a whole load of songs (different genre of music) on a usb drive and hit "shuffle device". nothing like a mix of everything, playing all songs i like makes me feel good.
only you really knows what "feel good" music is, as we all have different tastes.

Mate, i cannot stand music with 'gangstas from the hood'. Unless it's eminem, but I only like him due to the fact he writes his own songs (most) rather than someone just telling him to rap something on a sheet.

More so, I believe having this 'gangsta' type music and videos showing 'da hood' does glorify this culture in a way, making it seem 'good' if you know what I mean.

I for one know that it has this effect, not living in the best of areas, I know that when a song has references to 'got my adidas sneakers etc chillin wi mi homies mi cronies mi f*** motherfonies' they love it.

Anyway, going off topic there

But yeah thanks for the suggestions :D will take a listen!

depends if you wanna go this fast

two great tunes there, love hixxy although some of the stuff can be quite, well not manly. Already got them in my car actually :p

I don't know how old the you are Sam but, (in all probability) they might be a bit ancient for you, but have a listen anyway.

im 19 but the more and more replies i get on here, i realise there is probably a song from most genre's that makes you 'feel good' or reflect on things.

You call More and More fast
rolleyes.gif
I won't retaliate with some real hardcore not Glorified Euro Dance.

Right Guard. I couldn't let your comment about saying you don't like a particular Genre pass.
As you say anybody can produce music. This means that any one genre has infinite sub Genres.
Take dubstep. What you probably term as dubstep is just one sub genre which takes the ethos of Car Bass CD's and Actual Dub Step. I was personally aware of Dubstep 5 or 6 years ago. It was a very chilled sound and had some rather lovely outcome. It still exists and even my Grand Parents like to listen to it in my car.
got a few hardcore cd's myself - some just make you wanna dance round like a f*** idiot :slayer:

I agree with you on sub - genre: i cannot stand true deep (i dont know the name) dubstep, but some of the lighter stuff is good like from Deadmau5 - Raise your weapon.

Just a video for you all to laugh at (if you watch it all there is some crazy, crazy people...on drugs clearly)

Last edited:
i dont mind eminem.. i liked his movie.

we have got a pirate radio station around the east/west midlands in the lower 88mhz range..
damn the 5**t they play.. when i first heard it i didn't know weather to listen to it or decode it!

heh Russians.. if ever you've been there they are great people lol
been only once, but i'd love to go again. best road trip ever.

Last edited:
Jamie Woon does some epic music. It's not dub step but heavily influenced 'Night Air' gives me goosebumps.

I have another chill step CD but I forget who it's by. Ill check next time I go to the car. Edit Phaeleh

Last edited:
OK how about some Samba based Brazillian drum and bass, great driving music,
And i just found a full copy of DJ Marky's - The Brazillian Job, on YouTube :D

Last edited:
wow wasnt expecting this many replies, cheers guys got a whole lot to listen to!!

@dragonman: whats the station like?? iv always wondered if pirate still existed since i watched a film about one based in the 70s 80s
The two biggest Pirates in the '70s were Radio Luxembourg, which wasn't strictly speaking a Pirate as I think it broadcasted quite legally from another country, and Radio Caroline which was.

In Mancland we had trouble picking up both of them although Luxembourg was clearer than Caroline as the Pennines were between us and the North Sea where Caroline broadcast from. About 5 years ago there was a Pirate station broadcasting from a tower block near the end of the Mancunian Way.He/she was a pain in the a**e as if you got within 400yards of the block you'd get a really loud blast of reggae drowning out whatever you were listening to.

The benefit of DAB is that you can fit a hell of a lot of stations into the bandwidth so there's room for Toots to now try and start a legal radio station.

The main problem with Pirates in the '70s was mentioned in Starman by David Bowie:

"Then the loud voice did seem to fade
Came back like a slow voice on a wave of phase......

lol what you got to remember with a pirate station is they dont have loads of funding.
lol at the reggae station.. bet he was using bad filters.. or no filters!
i have a few radio transmitters (ex police pye westminsters). they can easy be modded for low band FM 88-108. heh and you can pick ones up from china, but they lack good filtering lol

in fact.. this is the same radio as the ones i have..

Back