General Feedback on this car?

Currently reading:
General Feedback on this car?

tsutton

Any comments/feedback on this car which we saw this afternoon:

Fiat Punto Hatchback 1.2 16v Sporting Hatchback 3dr
X reg (2000)

Cambelt has been done, the sump pan has been replaced as it was rusty/leaky and also new exhaust. (All done in Jan/Feb 2006)

They are asking for £2,500 - is this a good price?

Is it right that this car has 80bhp?

Anything else we should look out for?

Thanks,

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like you got it via private sale?

The car we saw was at the garage. They are throwing in 6 months road tax and 3 months warranty.

Car is in good condition with a light scratches on the rear, right side which looks like can be polished out with T Cut.

Hey,

The sporting is 80BHP. What sort of mileage has it done?

Lizzie

Thanks all.

I do know that some dealer do put some price on top of the asking fee. But as we have been looking around for a good car at a budget for the past few months, this is the best we've found so far. We live in the sticks-ish, so a local dealer would help us a lot in case ther eis a problem, etc.

However I do understand what you are saying and will take that into mind.

example: i bought a 52 reg sporting 1.2 16v in perfect condition, 39k, 12 months MOT, 6 months tax, and 3 months warrenty for 3000 - from a dealer.
he even threw 2 new tyres in as well!

Just trying my chance... do you have the link to the dealer website or something? I want to print it off and show them. :D

it was advertised on autotrader - it was a company in newcastle called ouston car sales ;) if you look for my recent thread in Members Motors there is a picture near the begining with the phone number on it....

and that price is still about 200 more than you would pay in the auctions, according to my uncle (a mechanic and a car dealer himself) but i wanted this one cos it was so tidy :D

EDIT: and yes - for a dealer price, it was rather cheap! im still expecting things to go wrong with it :p

Last edited:
I just bought 1 1.2 sporting in november . 2003 31000 miles mint condition for £3350 was valued by wat car at 3800 . Ur deal does sound a lil bit over priced tho , maybe 2grand or 22 or sumin .

Hi there,

I should leave the others to comment on price :) (I live in New Zealand and we pay a lot more for our FIATs, my 2001 Sporting was the same price as a 2000 BMW 318i, a 2000 Saab 9-3 Turbo, a 1998 twin-turbo Subaru Impreza WRX STi, or a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - just looking on the same auction site where I bought mine)

I reckon that a lot comes down to condition - how do YOU feel about the car's condition, is the paint shiny and the interior tidy etc. I think it's worth having a look at several other examples, even outside the price range, so that you can assess what's on the market. Seat material wear seems to be quite common, for instance, and mine has some exterior paint fade/mismatch as well.

You didn't mention whether your Sporting is a manual or a CVT (Speedgear). Mine is the latter and if you're thinking of mainly using the car in heavy traffic, the CVT is worthwhile - otherwise I'd suggest that the manual would be worth choosing for the slightly better performance & economy plus the lessened requirement for servicing / risk of failure if mal-treated. The replacement oil and filter for the CVT cost me about the same as a new clutch would have for the manual.

Cheers,
-Alex

Last edited:
Back