Technical faulty power steerig

Currently reading:
Technical faulty power steerig

deks36

Hi Guys hoping someone can help. Joined today to see if anyone has help. I have a 2008/58 1.9 mulitjet diesel doblo MPV
Power steering decided to play up yesterday when on idle it doesnt work but as soon as I rev it starts to work. as soon as I lift of the throttle its gone again

Now as far as I can work out its an electrically operated pump
it cost £400 from Fiat and according to them is located around the area of the alternator, not that that is the issue that the mechanics worry.
NO one else seems to stock this particular pump so its Fiat i will have to go to
what I dont want to do is buy the pump if this isnt the problem. I am wondering if it could be electrically related as in alternator

so has any one come across thi fault on theirs and am i right in my assumption that its electrically operated.

thanks deks

thanks for info, that would answer why the electric recon company dont list one or ever done one. Would like to know why Fiat want such as ridiculous price for a mechanical pump, also struggling to find another supplier, taken the covers of engine still struggling to locate it, it looks like its stuck between the alternator and the what I assume to be dieselpump or water pump housing

Sure the mechanic will soprt it out Tuesday
mechanical pump issue I can live with the not knowing if it was an electric pump or the alternator was more worrying
thanks again

Back