Technical Flushing power steering fluid

Currently reading:
Technical Flushing power steering fluid

cyberbird

Hi,

Which hose is return on power steering reservoir? It should be the big one in the front, right?

I tried to flush power steering fluid out of my Doblo. I removed big hose from reservoir and plugged the reservoir where the hose was. Then I poured a bit of fluid in reservoir and started engine and started turning the wheel. I expected oil would flow into the small hose (and the old oil would come out of big hose, which would then be captured and discarded) but opposite happened: oil started filling and raising in the reservoir and it started flowing out and spilling everywhere... It seems as if the return hose is the small one in the back and that front hose is intake?? Is this possible or is there something I dont understand here? I thought this way a super simple job to do..

IMG_20231005_153923.jpg

IMG_20231005_153915.jpg

Last edited:
I've not looked at mine, but I would expect the two hoses to go to different places.
I would expect one hose to go from the tank to the pump. That would be the feed.
From there it goes to the rack, then the hose back from the rack to the tank will be the return.

I tried googling once again and found more info - apparently the hose in the back is indeed the return hose.

Thanks!

123.png

Back