FAO Paul R - Lowering on 18's?

Currently reading:
FAO Paul R - Lowering on 18's?

I'll get all the sleep i need when I'm six feet under!

Its sooo tempting to drop the car even lower!
It's lower certainly than any 'lowering springs' would go i reckon, but the kit drops it by so much to begin with, the adjusters mean you could really deck it! :)

Inspite of how much I've dropped it already, I can still clear speed bumps (cos I don't have any additional front splitters or the like), but I just daren't drop my 17s any further into those front arches for fear of it rubbing the metal apex of the arch (metal wing) on turns - especially if breaking hard. If it wasn't for the stiffer shocks, the finger knuckle width tolerance that I have at the moment would be too little I'm sure. But as it stands, it rides like a dream :)

I'm still trying to source some boots for them by the way.

Re: I'll get all the sleep i need when I'm six feet under!

how have you burnt them tyres out already you nutter! they were new wheel when i sore the car a couple of months back wasnt they??? i was to take mine 60mm on 18"s :) i will have no gap! hehe... did you ever find out about those sleaves for the threads???

Oh buy the way, there are no fitting instructions (at least not in english) there is no way of telling how low you have gone, as there is no start point on the threads!!! the fk's can actually raise the ride hieght by 35mm from standard, why i dont know???

Paul R

You nutter! I meant boots for the coilovers, not tyres! So to answer that last question, none sourced yet.

I've no doubt my hgt on my standard springs and shocks probably sat at an entirely different height to every other bravo, so who's knows what my effective lowering was at the end of the day, compared to before. As I said though, I reckon it DROPPED my rears by a good 60mm at the very least, rather than the suggested 35!!

she is quite low! reminded me of my old red hlx, that was down 40mm with a heavy boot so i think 50 atleast!

thought you ment tyres, thought you must have done the clutch in aswelll to kill the tyres that quick!!!lol...

the kit can go down 85mm, measure how many threads are left, take that from 85 and hey presto! you know the answer!

Paul R