FAO Paul R - Lowering on 18's?

Currently reading:
FAO Paul R - Lowering on 18's?

D

Daz155HGT

Is there any reason why your getting coilovers for your HGT?

I just tried some springs on the standard shocks and they fit fine.

Daz

there are a few reasons!

1) i am a bit of a perfectionist, and this costs me a fortune!

2)the ride is far better on a coilover kit to standrad shocks and springs!

3handling is better

4)i can lower as far down as 85mm! so i can go down untill the arches rub then just adjust them up a bit to get the perfect ride hieght.

5) the car is an r-reg so the shocks were probably going to wear out sooner rather then later

6)if i can lower it the max then it will look better in my oppion, this is the main reason why the bodystyling is so subtle!

Any more questions my dear?

Paul r

lol...Nope, they will serfice ;)

Just thought i'd check incase you were forking out for coilovers because you thought standard shocks wouldnt work.

Daz

na, i really just wanted a softer ride! springs alone are too hard! although that lovely soft leather interior does take the bumps well! ;)

Paul R

Not going to say too much obviously, but that is Sweet As F***! ;)

Daz

u bastard! lol

Buzz
the poster formerly known as LightWarrior

>2)the ride is far better on a coilover kit to standrad shocks and springs!

Why? :)

>3handling is better

Why? :)

Shocks are shocks, they just come in different stiffnesses. Springs are springs, they just come in different load ratings.

The front suspension on a bravo is technically coilover (the coil spring is OVER the shock) and the 'coilover' conversions I've seen don't use coilovers on the back :)

Yes, I'm being pedantic ;)

because it says so on the pack :D

Buzz
the poster formerly known as LightWarrior

Paul

This might help you m8 i was going to put coil overs on mine but have since decided to go down another route

the options out there for coilovers and bravo's are not so good, i found 2 companies that could supply them for my car!

I think one was FK which from what i have heard by people using them are very very good, and i cant remember the other company

any way thought i'd let you know

alos how come you didnt phone me back the other night :)

I'll be in watching the rugby tonight so bell me if you want

rib

Cobra's the other one, but FK are designers and manufacturers themselves which is why they are so competatively priced.

I've got FK's impressive 482page catalogue (came free with coilovers) in which they happen to have quite few bits for our bravo's.

ps. Rib, dya get that email?

paul this coupon for a free drink i dont think im gonna get to use it ever so how about swapping it for pics of ur car mate :)

Smee

2597smeetag1.jpg

Incestuous germans!

FK's 'Konigsport' coilover set featuring (KONI) adjustable shocks, are supplied by KONI, but FK acually designed them for KONI to make.

re

i cant for the life of me remember what they are called now, but think they were based in essex? or somethign liek that.

but they said they could supply coilovers for bravo/a and woudl even turret the rear and provide a proper height adjustable coilover the rear too if i took my car down to them.

arghh. and its really annoying me what they are called now!

Re: re

The FK 'coilover' (using the term very loosely) has adjustable height rear spring carriers. No need to hack the shell about.

yeah that was the other make Nico!

cobra

i've replied to your mail too m8y ;)

hey ppl!

@tom.. the springs and dampers are better qulity an hence cost more then the stock stuff!

@daz.. you like?

@ribzz.. i forgot to call you back that night mate and i left to spain the next day, just got back! i wont call you now though mate! dont wanna wake you up again! ;) i have the fk's though!

@Nico.. they still aint fitted but will be soon hopefully!!!

Paul R