FAO; anyone @ college doing Key Skill

Currently reading:
FAO; anyone @ college doing Key Skill

99sei said:
you have to do it if you never got c or above in english, maths and I.T.

Well i had to do it despite gettin an A in english and a B in Maths :confused:

suppose if you never did IT which is something i didnt do then i suppose its possible.

Perhaps should be worded better as If you didnt get a C in either of the three subjects of English, Maths, IT then you have to do it :)

It depends what you are doing at college, if your doing a single course i didnt think you would have to do key skills. As i am doing a modern apprenticeship my keyskills are part of my frame work. So it depends what your doing as well?

Bob in disguise said:
It depends what you are doing at college, if your doing a single course i didnt think you would have to do key skills. As i am doing a modern apprenticeship my keyskills are part of my frame work. So it depends what your doing as well?

doing an electrical installation course, key skills aint a main part of the course(you dont have to pass k/skills to pass the main course). I hate doing it, coz its boring as hell, dont see the point of it. As i didnt do it at school i have to do it :cry: i only did short course it:bang:

It is a waste of time, but IIRC the exam is multiple choice, but you can only get 5 wrong answers, a bit like the theory test

Well on my engineering course at Reading college we have people just doing the course paid for by themselves that do not have to do keyskills, but i do as im an apprentice :( and have different targets i must achieve.

Best bet is to check with your course tutor or something (y)

AppleSei said:
It is a waste of time, but IIRC the exam is multiple choice, but you can only get 5 wrong answers, a bit like the theory test
ive passed all the test at level 2, ive even done them twice(done them at 2 different colleges) but ive never got round to doin the course work as the main subject course work was more important, as i had to do an IVA on an Btec electronics engineering course i did

At my 6th form key skills were compulsory, like many others though I was excused from each subject, except ethics which I chose to go to...

My sixth form did not base it on grades, but unofficially those who they knew could do everythin were excused as I say.

We're doing them... supposedly but so far they just tell us "oh yes and this counts towards key skills by the way" after group discussions or essays that we have to do for the course anyway. I'm not even sure what they are just that I don't need to do part of it because I got an A in english at A level. Is there a test or anything? :confused:

Im a Key Skills Manager for an awarding body, most of the time Colleges etc use Key Skills to get extra funding etc..even if the students dont want to do it! Theres no age limit on Key Skills Quals..any age etc can do them..

Babysei said:
Im a Key Skills Manager for an awarding body, most of the time Colleges etc use Key Skills to get extra funding etc..even if the students dont want to do it! Theres no age limit on Key Skills Quals..any age etc can do them..

is there any loop-holes for getting out of key skills:confused:

Back