General Factory Head Unit

Currently reading:
General Factory Head Unit

aldredd

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement CD Player factory unit? I only have the tape unit, which is no good to me, and can't find anywhere to get the same but in CD player!

Thanks

Dave

sutty2tone

welcome m8 ,, yeah i would stick in a after market cd player,,then get a fascia to finnish it of nice

PaulBrad

I did that in my car, the tape player was knackerd so I went for a Sony CD player as a replacement :)

Citizen Smith

is one with the dark side

Attachments

• b_dehp70bt.jpg
    b_dehp70bt.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
OP
OP
A

aldredd

Yeah, I was going to go for an after-market unit - I already own quite a hi-spec Apline unit & Changer, just fancied staying with the factory fitted unit.

OP
OP
A

aldredd

thanks bozzy! I'll have to re-activate my e-bay account! Not used it for a *very* long time! It sure wasn't there whe I looked earlier yesterday!

badkilla

ALDREDD, I would be interested to know how you got on, and if you could let me know what you did, or have a picture of your dashboard and how you changed it, that would be a good because I am looking to install a CD system to the current system which is a tape with poor sound quality.

bozzy

Veracocha
badkilla said:
ALDREDD, I would be interested to know how you got on, and if you could let me know what you did, or have a picture of your dashboard and how you changed it, that would be a good because I am looking to install a CD system to the current system which is a tape with poor sound quality.

Badkilla, lots of us have changed to an aftermarket CD player. Take a look at this one. If you need a fascia let me know as I have one spare but it's one that takes an I-pod nano.

Attachments

• IMGP4128.JPG
    IMGP4128.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMGP4129.JPG
    IMGP4129.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 13

tkmking

I didn't go for an iPod one like that, but here's my attempt...

Attachments

• DSC00403.JPG
    DSC00403.JPG
    335.3 KB · Views: 16

dan-the-man

popping out
I've kept my factory fitted HU because I like the little gizmos you get with it, like getting louder the faster you go :D and also I have steering wheel controls so they wouldn't work if I had a aftermarket HU (y)

bozzy

Veracocha
dan-the-man said:
I've kept my factory fitted HU because I like the little gizmos you get with it, like getting louder the faster you go :D and also I have steering wheel controls so they wouldn't work if I had a aftermarket HU (y)

Easy decision for me to do away with those gizmo's. Poor sound is poor sound no matter how fast/slow your'e going. Mine didn't play MP3 either so upgraded the lot, speakers & tweeters included.