Technical Factory alarm removal

Currently reading:
Technical Factory alarm removal

jmi

I am quite new Barchetta owner. Fiats for last 30+ years, but first sporty one. It has couple of issues, like petrol smell, minor things with wipers etc. Looks like most of the common Barchetta problems....

Anyway. Now main thing is that my -96 B has factory alarm. And I do not have keys, code cards, remote controls or anything else for it. It looks like it is disabled by some previous owner. Alarm itself is not a problem in that way.

Problem is that some previous owned has installed bigger battery and alarm is moved away from it's original place. Yes. It is hanging by wires between fender and battery. Not ideal situation.

Question is. Can i remove it and just cover connectors someway and forgot whole thing. I have looked after workshop manual and electric diagrams and for my knowledge, it is acting as simple alarm and can be removed without any problems. Or?

Thanks...

- J

I've had a look at the workshop manual as well and according to that then there are some connections/wire that are deliberately not connected. Besides the rear door switches the two that cause my were the serial communications line to the ECU and the fuel pump stop.

This suggests to me that the alarm when fitted to the "B" was purely intended as an audible and visible deterrent and not intended to act as an additional immobiliser.

You could check to see if there are wires on A10 (comm) and B3 (fuel) pins. If not then this is good. If there are then they may be just part of the standard alarm harness and not connected at the engine ECU & fuel pump control.

As long as you have the car ignition keys and the engine currently starts (not immobilised) then I would would just disconnect the connector and see if the car still starts and the central locking still works. If not put the connector back.

Yes, A10 and B3 were unused. And when i looked service manual, there is a note that says all pins marked with asterisk are not connected. These includes all possible engine and car control pins. Looks like it just monitors doors, bonnet etc, but does not affect any way to engine or other components.

I did remove alarm unit and B started without any problems. Didn't drive, but don't believe that there is any issues in there. No i just have to protect connectors someway.

Next, that petrol smell. Ordered new gasket for fuel pump as looks like it is failed. Hopefully that fixes that issue.

- J

I am quite new Barchetta owner. Fiats for last 30+ years, but first sporty one. It has couple of issues, like petrol smell, minor things with wipers etc. Looks like most of the common Barchetta problems....

Anyway. Now main thing is that my -96 B has factory alarm. And I do not have keys, code cards, remote controls or anything else for it. It looks like it is disabled by some previous owner. Alarm itself is not a problem in that way.

Problem is that some previous owned has installed bigger battery and alarm is moved away from it's original place. Yes. It is hanging by wires between fender and battery. Not ideal situation.

Question is. Can i remove it and just cover connectors someway and forgot whole thing. I have looked after workshop manual and electric diagrams and for my knowledge, it is acting as simple alarm and can be removed without any problems. Or?

Thanks...

- J
I have a 2001 B (recent purchase). I just unplugged the cables, wrapped sandwich bags around them and fastened them up and out of the way with a plastic tie. The electric door locks still work, as in when I lock 1 the other 1 locks too.
grtz
ER

I have a 2001 B (recent purchase). I just unplugged the cables, wrapped sandwich bags around them and fastened them up and out of the way with a plastic tie. The electric door locks still work, as in when I lock 1 the other 1 locks too.
grtz
ER
Yes, i made similar thing. Alarm unit is removed and i 3D-printed covers for plugs and tied them to existing harness.
Had 150km road trip yesterday without any problems.
And central locking has own controller, so alarm unit does not affect any way.

- J

Back