General Facelift Fiat Panda 319.

Currently reading:
General Facelift Fiat Panda 319.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enquired about a twin air trekking yesterday at my local fiat dealer. None available, (and that was before a colour request). Nor had they been available to order since June 20th pending the '16 model.

I really like the dark interior.

From the italian site to looks better on the 4x4. Where there is cream in the seats/trim (not the most practical of colours) they've put the olive green. Also different alloys.

Nice little update. New steering wheel and a different radio. New radio is nice but also a bit disapointing as it doesn't have nav like the new 500 units. The updated bluetooth usability is nice though, would be nice to stream Spotify.
If they also put leds in the daylight running lights it's pretty much perfect imo because the little Panda doesn't need an exterior update.
The Fiats that recieved "facelifts" in the past always ended up looking worse at best and sonetimes even downright ugly (like the Punto that came before the Grande Punto that made us switch to a Ford Fiesta for a couple of years).

Nice little update. New steering wheel and a different radio. New radio is nice but also a bit disapointing as it doesn't have nav like the new 500 units. The updated bluetooth usability is nice though, would be nice to stream Spotify.
If they also put leds in the daylight running lights it's pretty much perfect imo because the little Panda doesn't need an exterior update.
The Fiats that recieved "facelifts" in the past always ended up looking worse at best and sonetimes even downright ugly (like the Punto that came before the Grande Punto that made us switch to a Ford Fiesta for a couple of years).

This looks like a new trend, the face-lifted VW up! does have a similar solution with the mobile phone integration in the car multi media.
Integrating a unit like the 500 would needed a total redesign of the dashboard, now it looks like the new unit slot-in, in the existing space.
I'm really interested to find out if that new Radio with DAB unit would work in a pre-facelift Panda. ;)

Last edited:
This is more or less a "Budget" facelift for the Panda.
The changes are very minimal, you could not really speak of a facelift.
It's just nothing more then some colour and fabric changes, a new steering wheel, and Uconnect additive.
The lesser models will still have the present radio CD unit in it.

So based on that, the new Uconnect DAB unit could work in a pre-facelift Panda.

btw, i would had expected:

# Restyled front and rear bumper.
# Better and more body colour choices.
# upgraded front seats.
# Xenon headlight option.
# 105 hp TwinAir with 6 speed gearbox and brake discs all around version.
# 6.5x16" wheel option.

Compare to the 500, the Panda choices are very limited TBH.
Totally 10 colors with some of them specials colors for certain models Panda's.

This would mean i will be driving my Panda a lot longer, with maybe a Uconnect upgrade if possible.
And i will wait and see what the all new 2018 Panda would look like and offer.

Fiat has cancelled a lot of colors for the Panda.

# Caffe Latte. (much better then Cappuccino)
# Rosso Valentine.
# Turquoise.
# Azzurro Canal Grande.
# Verde Prato.
0000610_fiat-panda-automaat.png

The new colors are a lot more boring IMHO.

Last edited:
The Italian configurator looks far from compleet and accurate.
If you choose the "Lounge" there is only a 14" wheel option. :confused:
Also some steering wheel pictures contradict them selfs, it look like partly old and partly new.

This steering wheel looks to have old buttons shapes...

pandaassedsk_intcomf_box2.jpg

And this steering wheel have new shape in the button area, but no buttons.

panda_assetdesk_intcomf_box05.jpg

The cross looks identical aside from the ICE & steering wheel although it gets the additional safety kit to satisfy the 5* NCAP.

No 105bhp TA is a missed open goal IMHO :(
Yep, i agree on that, i would like the 105 hp version with, "like the 500" a 6-speed manual gearbox and disc-brakes all around, but then in a "Lounge" version.
Maybe there will be a "Lounge S" version with 105 hp in due time.

There are also no rear headrests in the first picture, and a lot of options don't look as being standaard in the second picture, could be a "POP" or "EASY".

These will probably be Photoshop'd pictures Hans - but managed with typical Italian inaccuracies and errors. I'd not read too much into the final interior setup until we've seen one in the flesh, or maybe scrutinised a proper UK brochure again.

So a facelift imminent then....explains why I got a walloping 30% off the new (not pre-reg, but deal had to go through by 31/07 i.e. wouldn't carry over to 66-plate) Cross TA I'm picking up this coming Saturday. Still, at that level of discount I ain't too fussed about not having the relatively insignificant update tweaks anyways.

BTW 'hi' to all here! Not new to Pandas - other half has a TA that I must admit is a lot of fun to drive. For last 20 years have always ran 3dr RAVs as second car: firstly new ones but since 2005/6 (when they stopped making the 3dr...) I've had to run older and older ones and now even the latest XTRs are over 10 years old time to get something new for local work - hence the Cross!

Most changes look more like "Model year" restyle changes, like, body colors, and interieur colour fabric changes, and a new wheel option. (not liking that new wheel)
And the introduction of "Uconnect" option in the higher models.

In the way of a facelift, there has not been any changes at all.

Btw, the "Uconnect" DAB+ unit will not work in older models, because of the new wire-harness and CAN-bus.

Last edited:
Most changes look more like "Model year" restyle changes, like, body colors, and interieur colour fabric changes, and a new wheel option. (not liking that new wheel)
And the introduction of "Uconnect" option in the higher models.

In the way of a facelift, there has not been any changes at all.

Btw, the "Uconnect" DAB+ unit will not work in older models, because of the new wire-harness and CAN-bus.

Not sure if I inferred correctly, but it suggested that U-connect/Bluetooth is standard, unlike the radio in the Pop. Presumably that means you can use the built-in speakers as basically an amp and Bluetooth speaker set. I seriously doubt that though.

So a facelift imminent then....explains why I got a walloping 30% off the new (not pre-reg, but deal had to go through by 31/07 i.e. wouldn't carry over to 66-plate) Cross TA I'm picking up this coming Saturday. Still, at that level of discount I ain't too fussed about not having the relatively insignificant update tweaks anyways.

BTW 'hi' to all here! Not new to Pandas - other half has a TA that I must admit is a lot of fun to drive. For last 20 years have always ran 3dr RAVs as second car: firstly new ones but since 2005/6 (when they stopped making the 3dr...) I've had to run older and older ones and now even the latest XTRs are over 10 years old time to get something new for local work - hence the Cross!

Wow 30% off!! That's whopping deal. Great buy. Congrats on your new Cross, hope you'll have lots of fun with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back