Technical F500 rear brake calipers

Currently reading:
Technical F500 rear brake calipers

d4zzl3r

Hello - ive tried searching but frawn a blank so far, does anyone know the correct direction (clockwise or anti-clockwise) for winding the rear pistons in when changing the pads please? Is it the same for both sides?

Hello - a little update, i did the rear passenger side (OSR) today, just the pads as the disks are OK. I changed them because of the squeal getting more an more evident on journeys. To be honest i was waiting to see if the 'brake pad wear' light would come on but it never has. The pads i took off were very worn but the warning wire was not showing through, i guess there is about 2 mm left of brake material before they get down to the backing plates. The better half and the daughter have being giving me grief because of the squeal so i decided for an easy life to change them now. Just to confirm the winding-in direction is clockwise for this side and i did it with a 17mm open-ended spanner which fit in the spaces on the piston top. I had to apply down-ward pressure too.
I ran out of time to do the drivers side and i was getting cold, i'll do that side tomorrow. I also replaced a weeping rear damper which was an advisory on the last MOT (brand new Fiat OEM part for £20 on fleaBay).

It was flippin cold.
Typo in my last post, i meant Passenger side rear (NSR)...
Both sides done now, just pads (will do discs next time) really easy.
I haven't been very far to test but i hope the squeal has gone.

Clockwise (with some pressure) to get the pistons back into the calipers.

Thanks for the advice.

Just the blowing DRL and the clunking/creaking front suspension nest.

Back