Technical F. Stilo 1,2 16v

Currently reading:
Technical F. Stilo 1,2 16v

skunkszecsi

Hello guys, i hope you could help me as i searched on every thread here and i coudn't find solution for my problem.

I have this Fiat Stilo from 2002, that for now several week give.s me problem to start the car. I have multiecuscan , and gives several error that i can delete, but one persissting and is u1602 lose body conection. I checked every conectors on the car , groundings, ecu, battery voltage etc etc and still there the problem.

The thing is many times when i want to start the car an the key is ON it gives dimm lights on dashboard and no engine check light so the engine turn but not start.
After 2 or 3 times turning off and on the key i manage to start the car.
Also there is another symthom, witch i put the contact ON, with lights on , brake pedal pressed and if i put reverse everythink turn off, sometime even the engine if i wanna park the car and i put reverse. But only sometime and with the brake aplied.
Please help guys any ideea is welkome.
Cheers.

Last edited:
I think it's something electrical... :D

The things to check are;

a) Battery terminals/connection - take the terminals off, clean the inside of the connectors with a de-greaser and then wire wool, so it's shiny. Do the same to the terminal posts on the battery. Reconnect the terminals and make sure they're tight, then grease them with Vaseline/petroleum jelly to stop them corroding.

b) Earth points at the front and rear of the car. You need to undo the bolt holding the cables to the body. Clean the connection point on the battery with emery paper or wire wool. Clean the ends of all the cables with wire wool so they're shiny... Re-connect everything and then grease it with Vaseline/petroleum jelly to stop them corroding.

c) Remove the rear light clusters and look inside them for corroded terminals or damage to the stamped electrical circuits. If they are corroded, you need to replace them, or cut out any badly rusted track and bridge the good parts with new metal.

d) Check the fuse box on top of the battery. You'll need to remove all the plugs from underneath and check that there's no serious looking corrosion or green gunge. Clean up anything that looks nasty and refit the conectors. Then remove the fuses (one at a time) and clean up the fuse feet and the fuse holder connectors so it all looks clean.

e) Dig around under the dashboard until you find the fuse box there. That should be dry and clean. If it looks corroded or nasty then you might have condensation or water ingress (from above) onto the fusebox and the Body Control Module. The BCM is behind the fuse box (fuse box is clamped onto it). If it looks like it's ever been wet, take it out and clean the connector blocks.

You need to look for anything that appears to bea short-circuit. It won't be something difficult to see, since that might affect just one circuit or component. It has to be something quite obviously tatty, rusty or mouldy enough to send the current the wrong way enough to confuse the CANBUS.

Hi mate, thanks for the quick replay, i allready checked all the terminals and battery fuse box.
I also strongly believe that is some type of electric short somewere.
Anyway i will recheck all this and hope to sort it out.
Thank for replay mate.
I.will say something after.

Back