General External temperature wrong

Currently reading:
General External temperature wrong

acfunduro

Hi

our 2014 500L is reading an incorrect external air temperature. As a result the air con in the cabin is not working properly. Has anyone ever seen this and what is the best solution?

This short video shows the issue. The temp is set to Centigrade

[ame]https://youtu.be/-qW2IKYY2jk[/ame]

Adrian

I had this problem on a 2016 Alfa Giulietta and my Sister had the same on a 2013 Alfa MiTo - it doesn't seem to be uncommon for this to happen. Both were fixed by having a new sensor fitted in the passenger side wing mirror. I think in some cases the dealers replace the whole mirror assembly, but both of ours were done under warranty without an itemised invoice, so I don't know if they did that in our cases. I'd imagine yours is long out of warranty now, but Fiat may contribute if you ask.

Thanks for that. Believe it or not the car is still under warranty. We got a 5 year warranty in July 2014. We've used this to the max including getting a new engine fitted last October. I still love the car though!

Perhaps you could find a cheap sensor from another car and wire it into the loom for the mirror and place the sensor elsewhere
If you are handy with a soldering iron it should be possible would think the sensors are all quite similar

A new wing mirror assembly fitted under warranty and includes a new sensor. Issue sorted!

Back