Technical Exhausting times with T/A

Currently reading:
Technical Exhausting times with T/A

Lounge lizard

Yesterday I repaired the front flexi with Holts Gun Gum and a Holts repair patch wrap thing. Took a couple of attempts, but seems to have been successful...

The exhaust is just over 2 years old and the rest seems pretty solid, just started blowing from the flexi which is how the previous one failed.

I checked the rear gearbox mount as I wondered if there was too much movement, but it seems pretty solid still. I bought a new Febi one, but you need to remove the exhaust to get the bolt out 🙄
20231014_122156.jpg
Got a flexi repair section on the way, but that'll be a job for my trusted local garage along with the gearbox mount when the time comes...
20231014_140146.jpg
Also took the opportunity the replace the rear joint clamp with this genuine Ford one which is more substantial than the normal off the shelf clamps. Copper nuts too, so they should come undone in the future...

Had the clamp for ages, but available from the genuine Ford store on eBay. Diameter 47.5mm.

All in all a fairly satisfying few hours, apart from when it started to rain and hail, but at least I was under the car...!

Back