Styling Exhaust - Tail Pipes? Opinions Wanted

Currently reading:
Styling Exhaust - Tail Pipes? Opinions Wanted

Ok.... not the best pictures, but it'll give you an idea. I personally think it looks a lot better than it did! Makes a nice noise too. :D

Attachments

• Stilo Backend.JPG
    Stilo Backend.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Stilo Backend 2.JPG
    Stilo Backend 2.JPG
    204 KB · Views: 23
  • Stilo Backend 3.JPG
    Stilo Backend 3.JPG
    235.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Yeah... took a little oval out of the bottom. Cant really notice it. They did say it would have looked a little silly hanging below the bumper. I can see their point!

I had mine done before i had the splitter fitted and there was nothing silly about it sitting bellow the bumper, it looked fine to me, i think they they are just determined to take a piece of everyones car for a souvenir :)
When i had mine done the guy said it was awkward to get it right but it's certainly achievable. Where did you go to get it fitted Spike ?

Edit : Well i see where you got it fitted and they do look like a quality place. Must just be they way they do it there.

Last edited:
I want to get my exhaust done soon (as possible), and personnally i am going to encourage them to cut a bit of my bumper out. I want my car to look standard and nice at the same time and if they cut out a generous bit (1/2 or 3/4 of the exhauts's size) i think the look i'm looking for can be acheived.

Besides, i don't think i'll ever be removing the pipe in i i do some day i'll just have to order a new bumper or ive with a chunk less in my car!!!! (y)

still_S.L.Y. said:
is it alot better to go for a 'cat back' system than just a back box?
Is the cat back not just a back box then.
From what i thought the cat back meant you replace everything from the cat to the back end, not including the cat ? Which to me is the back box and tail pipe :confused:

KoArAnG said:
Is the cat back not just a back box then.
From what i thought the cat back meant you replace everything from the cat to the back end, not including the cat ? Which to me is the back box and tail pipe :confused:

Hello mate. A cat back like my supersprint is the centre section as well. I have been told that the Stilo has 3 cats 2 of which I have removed by fitting my exhaust. (y)

DOH...im a thicko... somebody shoot me :D
It's ok i'm getting confused between someone saying a "Cat back system" and someone saying they are getting an exhaust fitted from the "Cat back"
Which to me are different things :confused:

bennyboy said:
Hello mate. A cat back like my supersprint is the centre section as well. I have been told that the Stilo has 3 cats 2 of which I have removed by fitting my exhaust. (y)

what is the benefits of going for this tho?

mat-nos said:
:eek: how much??? maybe forget mentioning that to the mrs for my birthday n get it mapped instead

You could always get it bit by bit! (y) You can buy the backbox first, I think it's 300 quid, then the centre sectio later on which is 246 quid & the manifold is 478 pounds. (y)

sack the manifold but the system price sounds ok!!
how hard is the manifold to get to..... big job??

Back