Technical exhaust bracket

samB

i recently replaced my front exhaust bracket because the old one had rusted and broke...but now i have put the fiat replacement one on and it rattles loads at low revs, idling and pulling away. it is the right bracket for the car.(cinq sporting) but i am not sure if the old one had somekind of surface around the bracket to stop the rattle.
does anyone know if there is some kind of layer or material that needs to be bought seperately from the bracket to stop the horrible noise or some other way to stop the racket?

lewma

I'm getting my front bracket put on tomorrow. costing £10 fitted. Hope that will stop mine rattling too. Or if it isn't that then i'm stuck as to know what it is!

arseofbox

Principality Retained :)
Mine does that, but I know something further along the centre section is doing it...

Never stopped to think it was related in any way....

The bracket is adjustible, so there is a high chance it might be wrongly adjusted- not that I know what the correct adjustment is though!! Sorry! :p

rallycinq

Autotest Special
Its possible the exhaust might be an aftermarket one thats a bit thinner than the original. Take a can of your favourite beverage, cool it in the fridge, then drink. Cut the empty can up to make a spacer,

Cheers

D

Maybe. :shakehead

Or i suppose you could have one with a meal. That'd be ok. Well let u have 1 on the conditions that it is for the car only. :p

Sorry Sam just taking the piss out of u not being able to drink legally. :D