Tuning Performance exhaust

Currently reading:
Tuning Performance exhaust

thedtjs

Hi everyone.

I have a 2001 Fiat Seicento SX. I need to replace the exhaust soon and I was thinking of replacing it with a cat back performance exhaust. My question is; has anyone on here done this and actually noticed any kind of increase in anything? I know I'm not going to get loads out of it, but I was also thinking of putting a K and N intake on it as well as the exhaust. It's an MPI engine if that helps.

Thanks!

You may notice an improvement if your old exhaust is shot, but otherwise, not really.
You will get increased noise, that's about it.

If you do further modifications, then a "performance" exhaust would be a benefit.

I've done a few mods to centos, nothing too extreme but fitting a Janspeed rear silencer has to be one of the best mods i've done. Just for the sound alone, it might add some power but I cant tell. The sound is not very loud but at low rpm it bumbles along and can be enjoyed on every drive.

So obviously I'd commend you to get a nice silencer. If you have the cash then get the whole system. It will likely last longer if its stainless or decent quality.

You might find a second hand janspeed or something. superspring are expensive but would be lovely.

I've had a K&N in the past - the one that fits directly on the throttle body. they sound lovely but i had problems with clearence with a strut brace fitted so it was always falling off... Its suposedly not the best place for it asit takes in more hot air. If you can find a used intake made for the seicento then that would be better. The mpi throttle body is quite small if the current K&N still bolt straight on, so that might mean its a small filter.

The K&N are also pretty pricey, I'd recommend a universal kit - which you could adjust to get a decent fit. Otherwise a second hand kit would be ideal. I managed to buy a used GSR intake on Ebay.

Last edited:
I've done a few mods to centos, nothing too extreme but fitting a Janspeed rear silencer has to be one of the best mods i've done. Just for the sound alone, it might add some power but I cant tell. The sound is not very loud but at low rpm it bumbles along and can be enjoyed on every drive.

So obviously I'd commend you to get a nice silencer. If you have the cash then get the whole system. It will likely last longer if its stainless or decent quality.

You might find a second hand janspeed or something. superspring are expensive but would be lovely.

I've had a K&N in the past - the one that fits directly on the throttle body. they sound lovely but i had problems with clearence with a strut brace fitted so it was always falling off... Its suposedly not the best place for it asit takes in more hot air. If you can find a used intake made for the seicento then that would be better. The mpi throttle body is quite small if the current K&N still bolt straight on, so that might mean its a small filter.

The K&N are also pretty pricey, I'd recommend a universal kit - which you could adjust to get a decent fit. Otherwise a second hand kit would be ideal. I managed to buy a used GSR intake on Ebay.
Are janspeed exhausts still around for Cinqs now ? Or do you have to find 2nd hand ones ?

Are janspeed exhausts still around for Cinqs now ? Or do you have to find 2nd hand ones ?
No they don't appear to sell them any more - good luck! You could always ask them if they've got any left😋? Keep an eye on ebay or post a wanted add on here. I sold a cento Dtm style Janspeed backbox about 8 years ago for 60 quid and the guy was going to fit it onto a Ford Capri! Doh!

Likewise you could buy an mgb jamspeed silencer and have it built into a custom system. Probably 500 Quid ish? or DIY it.

Parts are not getting any easier to find for these Fiats. You can buy new Supersprint but quite pricey.
I wish I'd had a stainless system made up for my Sei years ago. Stainless manifolds are available quite cheap at the moment but I'm sure they wont be around forever.

Back