Tuning Ex Stilo 1.6 Turbo. Now Stilo 3.0 V6 with "some" mods.

Currently reading:
Tuning Ex Stilo 1.6 Turbo. Now Stilo 3.0 V6 with "some" mods.

Carrier has been manufactured and fitted on place! Now the handbrake caliper needs to be painted (red) and connect the wire to it... (y)

PS: Brembo calipers will be also repainted red! :) They got some brake fluid once, a year ago, and the paint chipped...

430704_3504693818411_1303731925_3405386_901240177_n.jpg

Looks good man (y)

Was meaning to ask Nikos, what sort of suspension setup have you got at the rear? Is it all custom, or is it off another make/model? Just curious...or maybe I'll try something similar ;)
I used to run Bilstein B6 with Voglant springs. That was for the road. When I turned the car to a trackday car, I fitted a custom Bilstein PSS9 coilover with adjustable height.

EDIT:

I forgot to put a photo of the carrier that has been manufactured and since I cannot edit the previous post, I am adding it here... ;)

20120316041.jpg

Last edited:
Some parts for the final details have arrived... (y) Black or gold? Which ones should I use?... :)

By the end of the week, I will receive the new bumper too... ;)

20120320048.jpg

Hate to sound like a retard here but what are they Nikos :confused: Are they Lug nuts?? lol

That's what I first thought but if you're only using one or the other then you're short on numbers?? lol they look cool whatever they are and if they are lug nuts then the black will go better with the wheels and the gold might not go well with the yellow paintwork (y)

Mark you are right. They are lug nuts. The thing is, that the package has two levels, so the lugs are 20 in total (for each color)! :) I have 4 of them for spares... ;)

I took black and gold, to see which one matches better. When I finish, I will put blacks in one side of the car and gold in the other, to see which one is better... :D

Some parts for the final details have arrived... (y) Black or gold? Which ones should I use?... :)

Still loving the project every time

What i can not wait is to hear the ecstasy noise that alfa v6 is gonna make when you boot it round a race track, make sure that the camera volume is turned right up for that please Nikos (y)
I think the gold nuts would look nicer, all just based on the more visible and higher contrast of the gold colour against the black alloys.

What kind of time scale do you predict that the car will be complete and ready for a race Nikos?

What kind of time scale do you predict that the car will be complete and ready for a race Nikos?
21st and 22nd of April, I have to attend to a trackday event. Our target is to finish the car in about two weeks, around 6th-7th of April...

are they coupe brembos nikos? cars looking great BTW, keep it up (y)
No. The above photo is from the rear brakes and it is a small Brembo kit, especially for Stilo. I used to have it in the front...

The car is almost finished! :eek: That was fast!!! :D

I just need a small repair in the exhaust (about an hour job) and paint the new bumper!! :D

Stay tuned! It will be ready next week! (y)

Hi, you could put pictures of engine bearings for that are very interested in how you facut.doresc to mount on a Fiat Stilo 2.0 20v turbo engine from fiat coupe.si do not know how to make brackets for engine.

Hi, you could put pictures of engine bearings for that are very interested in how you facut.doresc to mount on a Fiat Stilo 2.0 20v turbo engine from fiat coupe.si do not know how to make brackets for engine.
Hi my friend. I am not 100% sure that I understood what you are asking me, but I assume that you want to know how we mounted the engine on the Stilo chassis, right?

We used the Alfa Romeo engine mounts in order to be able to find spare parts in the future and we just altered the Stilo's chassis, so we can be able to mount the V6 engine. What it was needed, was to add two new mounting points in the front and make an alteration in the front bridge in order to fit the third mounting point.

So as you can see in the following photos, we had 3 new reinfroced mounting points for the V6 engine. I think that for a 2.0 Coupe engine, the whole progress is easier.

I hope I helped!... (y)

dsc00178np.jpg

dsc00176tp.jpg

imag0341.jpg

imag0340z.jpg

scaled.php

related to the power to use the electrical installation was less Stilo ecu engine key switch? planetary suffered many changes? related to the braking system of used parts to give Alfa Romeo? spindle can use the fiat coupe?

related to the power to use the electrical installation was less Stilo ecu engine key switch? planetary suffered many changes? related to the braking system of used parts to give Alfa Romeo? spindle can use the fiat coupe?
I don't know if someone can help me with that. I am sorry preparatul, but I am not understanding you very well... :(

Regarding the electricals, EVERYTHING is custom made and done from the scratch. There is NO Stilo ECU in the car. Just the Alfa Romeo's engine ECU.

"planetary suffered many changes?"... :confused: I am sorry, I don't understand...

"related to the braking system of used parts to give Alfa Romeo?"... not sure again... If you are aksing about the braking system, the ABS unit is the Stilo's OEM, and I have installed big four-piston Brembos in front (345mm) and small 4-piston Brembos in the back (305mm) with a HiSpec handbrake caliper...

"spindle can use the fiat coupe?":confused: Sorry again...

Now, the car is finished (almost). Tomorrow the exhaust is going to be repaired and also the new bumper be painted!!! (y) I believe that I will have new videos by the weekend! :D

20120326057.jpg

20120326058.jpg

20120326059.jpg

20120326060.jpg

20120326061.jpg

20120326062.jpg

20120326063.jpg

1 "planetary suffered many changes?"... :confused:

2 "related to the braking system of used parts to give Alfa Romeo?".

3 "spindle can use the fiat coupe?":confused:

1 the AXLE SHAFTS are from the alfa?

fot the question nr 2 i put a pictuire,

the spindle it's the part from picture that had's the nr 2

thanks for your support and patience with helping me. I can leave an email address to communicate more easily?

Attachments

• naread.exe.png
    naread.exe.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 26
Much better now! It is clear to me! (y)

So...

1. Regarding the drive shafts, I made new custom ones, which have one end of Alfa Romeo's style and one end of FIAT Stilo's style.

2 & 3. So as you understand, the hubs are the same, (eg. Stilo's OEM).

I hope it is clear for you too. ;)

Cool so you custom make the driveshafts so that one end fits the Alfa differential but the other end still fits the OEM hub, sweet! :D

Have you got a custom suspension setup? ie what shocks are you using and what about the anti-roll bars? Have you got a set of poly bushes for the suspension as well?

I may never do an engine swap like that but if something extra can be done to the suspension that's do-able then it's something to think about :)

Car looks great and liking that new bumper, if I wer you though I'd get those bump strips on it smoothed out (y)

Back