wheel trims
and power steering light problem removing from advert
its then worth a punt at £995 in something like autotrader
like the bumpers
hate the bonnet
:)

wasn't even worth replying too.

Last edited:
Something tells me i'm going to struggle shifting this car off...

Best offer i've had so far wasn't even worth replying too.

Thanks

X

I'm not surprised in what your asking for it. Can get a mint 2002 Sporting without any faults for that / slightly less. Have you tried putting it on Pistonheads? You get more of the 'modified' crowd on there who might like it.

i think with so many Punto sportings about in good unmodified condition for £800-900 you're being rather hopeful, and i'm not even sure you'd get £800 if you broke it?

comparable example: a year younger with alloys, no mention of airbag or steering problems, has the full abarth body kit not just bits of it but a few more miles, in a more desirable yellow, less than a £1k the difference is this one i could drive and use tomorrow yours is missing alloys and stereo which the car should have as standard, yours has faults this one doesn't and its newer, and has a new cam belt.

though if i was in the market there is also a nice standard car for £800 with only 51k on the clock thats where my money would go

Well if you have the time and space to break it for me, you can be my guest :D.

In parts I would only get £400 at best plus another £30 for the shell at the weighers.

There is no value in it other than the bumpers, skirts, bonnet, spoiler, and the full JA exhaust system and 4-2-1 manifold. Possibly the new gearbox and clutch too.

The smoothing and respray alone cost me £500, and the engine rebuild has set me back another £150. The rebuild hasn't been run in yet either as it was done 250 miles ago :cry:.

The shell has been picked at with a fine tooth comb to find no holes in either the sills, arches (inner or outer), boot floor, and all the lashing points are all as they should be. From my chat with my MOT man it's very hard to find one of these that isn't rotting itself to pieces despite immaculate looks from the outside. From my observations on other mk2's A or B models he isn't far off (n).

Anyway my Absolute lowest I would consider going is what it's currently set at now. if it doesn't sell as it is then it will be broken and scrapped because I don't want to put another 6 months tax on it when i'm not using it as it is now (n).

Thanks

X

In parts I would only get £400 at best plus another £30 for the shell at the weighers.

So if you don't sell it for £1050 you'll scrap it and at most get £430 by your reckoning?

Surely if you sell it for anything above £430 then you're quids in and without the hassle of breaking it.

The engine rebuild was required to make the car useable its not a value adding thing and neither is smoothing as mods really don't add value either.

Drop the price to £600 no reserve and if you get a bid you'll still be better off than if you end up breaking it, at least then a buyer can decide if they think it's worth it. Also don't forget Gumtree

I must admit I do like it.... But i'd add abarth front bumper and abarth side skirts to 'finish' it off maybe with some nice OZ Ultra / super leggera's. Would look awesome then. Could probably sell the front bumper to some 'euro' boy for £200 too :ROFLMAO:.

If it wasn't for the fact I've just bought a car I'd probably would have made you an offer lol

i think with so many Punto sportings about in good unmodified condition for £800-900 you're being rather hopeful, and i'm not even sure you'd get £800 if you broke it?

comparable example: a year younger with alloys, no mention of airbag or steering problems, has the full abarth body kit not just bits of it but a few more miles, in a more desirable yellow, less than a £1k the difference is this one i could drive and use tomorrow yours is missing alloys and stereo which the car should have as standard, yours has faults this one doesn't and its newer, and has a new cam belt.

though if i was in the market there is also a nice standard car for £800 with only 51k on the clock thats where my money would go

I'm sorry but you cannot use that shed as an example, it has a ghastly spoiler and the rear quarter is caved in.

Not to mention the fact that the bonnet has been replaced which probably means it has been in a front end shunt!

See above for abarth bumper!

Mine hasn't had the side caved in :confused:.

They meant the one posted up earlier as a price matching example ;)
This one.

Better than the 20p and a furry malteaser offer that was made :D.

Hey that was a serious offer, it was a shiny 20p as well.
Alright i'll throw in half a bag of skittles (but no red or purple ones)

Pirus

Back