Technical Euro 6 2.3 130hp X290 van Flatspot

Currently reading:
Technical Euro 6 2.3 130hp X290 van Flatspot

rolopolo

Established member
Hi,
Has anyone noticed flatspots when driving between 2000-2500rpm?

Mainly motorways, but stick to a steady 60-68mph I get a On off sensation, or fuelling/starvation, sometimes you put your foot down, and it's like nothing there for a second, or it bogs down.

Has anyone noticed?
Had it fixed?

I also think the same problem causes the cruise control to vary as much as 6mph up or down (annoying when on a 50 or 60 mph average speed zone)

It's worse than it was, but noticed mine from 10K

When it was serviced, it was an overnight rush job by all accounts! As they slotted me in at last min, and had no time to look at the list I gave them of problems!

Need to book it in somewhere else to see if it can be sorted,

My feeling is, it's all the egr/turbo euro 6 crap, and that a good remapper will be able to remove it,
But need to give fiat a chance, I'm 11k from 2nd service so will let them have a peek,

Least it's not just mine lol

Did you get to the bottom of the surging and loss of power got mine booked in in a couple of weeks for a few warranty jobs broken seat adjuster and the exhaust heat shield that broke off

No not sorted yet, it’s off the road getting a second whole near side after Nationwide crash repair centre made a total hash of the first side fitted jan to April!

But service is getting done when I get it back, not taking it to same service centre though, will try another one which means traveling but hopefully will actually look at all the issues,

Failing a fix, superchips may get it to sort

Got it back from the Dealers after interim service and a few warranty jobs they dowloaded the information from the ECU and couldn't find anything wrong so they say but its different all together MPG up from 28 to 32 and is more responsive "torque" they also said they checked the whole EGR system but couldn't find anything wrong with it

Interesting mate, will see what happens when it’s in for service if I ever get it back from bodyshop

Interestingly I had a similar issue on a 2010 motorhome with a Euro 4 3.0 litre 163bhp engine. It would happen at just over 2000rpm in the higher gears usually on a cruising throttle. As you say it felt just like a slight hesitation. Had it checked many times on the Fiat diagnostics and they never found anything. One Tech. did suggest hooking up a data logger to the ECU for a day to see if they could see any issues. Didn't do it as they wanted money for what I saw as their problem. Was still there when I sold the van this year.

I've just taken delivery of a Euro 6 2.3 150bhp motorhome so I'm hoping it's not going to be a problem.

Richard

Back