Off Topic ESP Light

Currently reading:
Off Topic ESP Light

ahmett

Prominent member
Just a thought, has anyone else noticed that the ESP light on the Fiat 500 is located in completely a stupid place on the dashboard? My seating position is quite low so I cannot see the bottom of the speedometer where the ESP light is located and as a result can never really visually see if the esp is active or not in low grip situations, only by feeling it.

I remember in Mercedes Cars the esp light being on top of the dashboard, ie. a much more practical location!

Good old Italians!

I have a couple of solutions

1, Grow taller and you will be able to see the light flashing
2, Buy a car without ESP and there will be no light to see flashing

I agree with 306maxi don't drive like a twonk and it should never be an issue, I think in the 3 years we had out punto hgt we only ever saw the esp light when trying to move off in really icy snowy conditions and that had a lot more power than a 500

I am 1.90m so height isn't the issue I just sit low in the car. And esp is activated mainly under power for me rarely as a result of loss of control.

This is my field of view ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1382135919.553711.jpg

Why isn't there another thread complaining you have to guess when you're running out of fuel? Also why do you need to see a light that tells you you are driving like a numpty? Which considering I'd imagine snow and ice are rare where you are is the only reason it'll be on.

Why isn't there another thread complaining you have to guess when you're running out of fuel? Also why do you need to see a light that tells you you are driving like a numpty? Which considering I'd imagine snow and ice are rare where you are is the only reason it'll be on.

Actually fuel light is on top of the dash so I can see that just fine. Its the esp light I can't see because it's placed at the bottom bottom.

Last year I saw the snow light no more than three times all year.

Back