Technical Erratic idling & pick up

Currently reading:
Technical Erratic idling & pick up

karthikpi

Hi ppl,

i have a palio 1.2 ELX petrol. The car starts perfectly but even in neutral, if u push the accelerator and leave it, the car misses. when driving on petrol, the car has erratic pick up and zooms at one point and does'nt respond at times (although for a fraction of time).

any suggestions????:(

My Wife drives a Palio 1.2 EL and this past weekend it started to do the same as your car. We lost power while driving. The engine can start ok , but doesn't want to rev up . It only picks up slightly and then start to spatter and fluctuate rpm. Idling also sounds different.

I did find a faulty injector , but this is not the real problem , replaced it and the fuel filter and checked the fule pump pressure , all OK. Still have the problem.

Earlier the year the car did break a timing belt because of a seized up tensioner. I took a look at the timing belt again and found it very loose and easy to move around on the pulleys. This is leading me to believe that because of the loose belt and the rough roads we were driving , it might have happened that the belt slipped a tooth causing the timing to go out thus loosing performance.

I spoke to the mechaninc that worked on the vehicle last and according to him this is a problem on the 1.2 engines. The tensioners are crap. He also says that you advance or retard the engine timing by adjusting this timing belt tensioner.

They are going to check that today and also replace the belt again. Hope this is it.

Back