Currently reading:
Technical Engine twitches and error P0201

Tapani

Guys, hello!

Having problems with my wife's Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 8v. We bought it recently.

Two weeks ago, the Check Engine signal appeared. There was a vibration and the engine did not run smoothly. Like it was running on 3 cylinders. The service read the errors through the scanner - P0201, P0300, P0302, P0303.

Replaced spark plugs, high voltage wires. The fuel injector of the first cylinder was also replaced, it had a low resistance (5 ohms) unlike the others (~ 15 ohms).

A few days later, while driving during acceleration (about 3000-3500 rpm), the Check Engine came on again. And again the same error codes as before. The engine is running rough again. It twitches every few seconds. A few seconds well and calmly and then twitches again.

I thought maybe the problem was the ignition coil. She had several cracks on the body.

A couple of days later I bought and installed a new ignition coil, reset the errors. But after a while again - Check Engine.
This time the error is only (and again) P0201 ...

Guys, what could be the reason?

P.S --
Attached a file with the sound of the engine from the exhaust pipe

Attachments

• photo_2022-11-10_16-54-54.jpg
    photo_2022-11-10_16-54-54.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 78
  • video_2022-11-10_17-07-01.mp4
    1 MB
Last edited:
Right you gave a P0201 injector fault on cylinder 1

I would start by swapping the injector to another cylinder

Say you swap the injector over to cylinder 4

Then drive the car and error comes back P0204 you know it’s the injector that’s faulty

But if the error comes back P0201 you know the error is in the wiring

If the error doesn’t come back you know the error was dirt on the connector and the reseat has fixed it

@koalar, thanks for the answer! The fact is that the fuel injector in the first cylinder was replaced ...

I checked all the connectors, took them off and put them back on, thinking that there was a bad contact

Back