Technical Engine running rough.

Currently reading:
Technical Engine running rough.

Zombiebiker600

Hi all... its me again
smile.gif

My Bravo 1.6 100 SX is intermittently running rough and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction as to what is wrong with it.

My car runs perfectly when it is cold but when its up to temperature it will start to run rough and struggle and shudder especially when I apply the power.

When it happens the issue seems to affect the engine from tick over through to around three thousand rpm then disappears. When I whizz along a motorway its pretty much fine but as soon as I back off the throttle then reapply the power again it struggles and feels underpower until the revs build up. Driving around town is awful and the car feels like it's miss-firing.

Initially I am suspecting two things but I am no mechanic so I'm probably completely wrong. These are as follows...

1) A spark plug issue as it feels similar to my previous car I had but then like I say... the Bravo runs fine when cold??

2) An exhaust issue as there was an advisory on the cars MOT to say there was a slight blow and just recently I hear what I feel is a slight back fire and an odd knock from it.

These may well be separate issues over and above the main one but I felt I should mention these just in-case.

Any help or pointers will be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Zombiebiker600.

Back