Technical Engine number location?

Currently reading:
Technical Engine number location?

Dtpmatt1

Hi guys,
Could anyone please tell me where the engine number is located on my 2017 Panda?
I have just failed an inspection because the tester couldn't find it and my owners manual just says its hammered into the engine which is not helpful.
Any responses appreciated.
Thank you

You don't state what engine you have?

If it's a 1.2, the engine number is stamped into a flat on the front of the engine, just below the lower exhaust manifold stud which is closest to the cam belt cover.
Just look down the front of the engine by the oil filler cap.

image061-8.jpg

If you are looking for the Vehicle Identification Number, that is riveted to a plate on the boot floor, just lift the boot mat and it's over to the left of the spare wheel well.

Yes, it's the 1.2.

Im assuming that I'll have to remove the manifold heat shield to get to it?

The fiat garage said its on the bottom of the engine somewhere!

Yes, it's the 1.2.

Im assuming that I'll have to remove the manifold heat shield to get to it?

The fiat garage said its on the bottom of the engine somewhere!
nope

its viable from the front

you will need to clean the gunk off. Its only faint laser etched. Green kitchen scouring pads tend to work well

Mine won't have after today once I get the O2 sensor out.

The middle two bolts on the shield were a pig to get out!

Finally had the engine number inspected so I can import the car now.
Once I removed the 02 sensor and rad fan it was easy to reinstall the heat shield.

Now to reset the service reminder...

What's the car?

I was imported a car from Germany to Portugal and I can't find the engine Number on engine.

It's a fiat 500 1242cm3 from 2009.

What's the car?

I was imported a car from Germany to Portugal and I can't find the engine Number on engine.

It's a fiat 500 1242cm3 from 2009.
Fiat Panda (2017).
Its probably under your exhaust manifold heat shield.
With me I had to loosen the radiator fan and lower it, remove the O2 sensor and heatshield and it was on the engine block in that area.
I made it wet so it was visible and squeezed my phone camera in to take a photo and the Portuguese test guy used the photo to write down the number as its barely visible.

Back