Technical Engine mount spring

Currently reading:
Technical Engine mount spring

JonPiz

I have a 500R. Does the uprated engine mount spring that is available make much difference. I'm installing a 650 standard engine with no upgrades and wondered if it reduces vibration or makes it worse?

I don't know about the uprated spring, but I fitted a new standard one that transformed my car. The old spring was shorter than the new one, and one of the rubbers were perished. The whole car vibrated alarmingly at about 3000RPM with the old spring. What is an uprated spring meant to achieve?

Last edited:
I don't know about the uprated spring, but I fitted a new standard one that transformed my car. The old spring was shorter than the new one, and one of the rubbers were perished. The whole car vibrated alarmingly at about 3000RPM with the old spring. What is an uprated spring meant to achieve?
I would stick with the standard spring. A friend of mine had fitted a 'well enhanced' 704cc engine in the back of his car and fitted a stronger 'sport' engine-mount spring---the engine vibrations through the car "was 'orrible" (to put it mildly!). Luckily, he still had the original spring to hand---we re-fitted the original engine-mount spring---transformed the car, pleasant to drive again.

I would stick with the standard spring. A friend of mine had fitted a 'well enhanced' 704cc engine in the back of his car and fitted a stronger 'sport' engine-mount spring---the engine vibrations through the car "was 'orrible" (to put it mildly!). Luckily, he still had the original spring to hand---we re-fitted the original engine-mount spring---transformed the car, pleasant to drive again.
Ive ordered the standard one now. It seems to make sense the softer spring would absorb the vibrations better

My guess is the spring is selected to be appropriate to support the mass, stronger spring for heavier engine.

There doesn't appear to be something for dampening vibration, like a shock absorber, just the rubber pad.

Correct / new parts appear to be the best option for fixing excessive vibration.

Back