Technical Engine mount question

Currently reading:
Technical Engine mount question

I need to buy an engine mount (among other things) and I need to know if I find a scrap one, does it need to be from the exact same model as my car or are there different models that would still have the same one?

Its a 1.6 Dynamic 52 plate. TY

I need to buy an engine mount (among other things) and I need to know if I find a scrap one, does it need to be from the exact same model as my car or are there different models that would still have the same one?

Its a 1.6 Dynamic 52 plate. TY

Hi Fiona

I am not sure but I believe each stilo model has a different engine mount part and dimension. As you have stated that you need to replace this part I would recommend buying it brand new Fiona. Reason being is that these engine mounts do tend to wear and tear inner bushes which can cause excessive rattling/vibrations or even engine knocking once they have gone. If buying new this way you can be sure that the inner bushes and the mount will fix the problem and last a lot longer as the part is brand new, no need to worry over second hand worn parts.

Last edited:
Good advice, I totally agree. Replacing mounts is quite a purlaver and not something you want to do twice. Mounts start wearing from day one and undergo a lot of stress, and I wouldn't dream of fitting a used one. Go for new - more expensive but you won't regret it.

And yes, mounts will be tailored to the specific engine in your Stilo - as you can imagine, the mount for a 1.2 will be rather different from one for a much heavier JTD engine

Thank you, I am trying to save some money as I have to get a new steering rack too and have been advised that also needs to be brand new. I guess its just going to be another expensive month:(

Thank you, I am trying to save some money as I have to get a new steering rack too and have been advised that also needs to be brand new. I guess its just going to be another expensive month:(

Im sorry to hear that

The mount should not cost anymore than £50 or £60 pounds incVAT, this is what i was quoted for a mount not long ago for my old car from a Fiat dealership. I really do **** these guys off as I ring around between all other fiat dealerships within travelling distance as the prices do tend to vary.

My sons friend is a mechanic and he can source a lot of things much cheaper. Fiat quoted £850 for HALF the steering rack and he has managed to find a complete one for £255 + VAT. I am looking to get it all done at once so I only pay him for the labour once, and its a long job.

I did manage to get a second hand air filter box this morning from a local FF member so that was good news but Im probably still looking at around £500 to get it all done maybe more depending on how long it takes him. There wont be too much of the original car left by the time I am done lol.

Back