General Engine Mount Failure

Currently reading:
General Engine Mount Failure

i know this is a old post but i'll just add my experience, while doing the basic maintenance on my wifes 500x 2017 pop 1.4 multiair about a year after she bought it new, i noticed the passenger side engine mount's rubber facing the engine was melting, id never seen that before, they replaced it under warranty, wtf ****ty materials are fiat using?!? a good 0.5-1cm had melted/burned

i know this is a old post but i'll just add my experience, while doing the basic maintenance on my wifes 500x 2017 pop 1.4 multiair about a year after she bought it new, i noticed the passenger side engine mount's rubber facing the engine was melting, id never seen that before, they replaced it under warranty, wtf ****ty materials are fiat using?!? a good 0.5-1cm had melted/burned

The same as other manufacturers most part arnt made by fiat themselves

That sounds more like you had a heat issue in the engine bay possibly leaking exhaust ect

I see you are in Switzerland so Left Hand Drive. So your passenger engine mount is the mount on the right hand side of the vehicle facing the engine cam belt etc. and not over the gearbox end?

I just can not see or believe that any engine heat could get to that inner wing mounted engine mount to melt the rubber. I have to assume that the mount was defective with incorrectly cured/conditioned rubber.

The only other explanation I can think of it that the mount bonding failed and the component metal parts sliding inside/across the rubber generated heat to melt the rubber. If that was the case then the noise and movement would have been detectable inside the car unless the radio is always on at loud volumes?

Last edited:
An Italian dealer told me that all engine mounts should fail eventually, especially the one holding the rear part of the engine and the gearbox. It is one of the most common items that fail in the 500X, the other one is the plug for the rear cluster lights.

I believe someone already mentioned a place to order those plugs.

Back