General Engine Fault on Stilo 16v 1.6 Aircon 2003

Currently reading:
General Engine Fault on Stilo 16v 1.6 Aircon 2003

cazzo_man

Last month i went on holiday in my stilo. When i approached the motorway my engine cut out and the following message appeared "Stop Engine Fault" (Called the AA out - and needed a new coil £54)
All was fine for a few weeks until yesterday, when i left work, the car started fine for a couple of miles until i reached a round a bout. The car stalled and the following message appeared "Engine Fault". I pulled over stopped the engine. Started the engine fine, but the same message appeared with the fault light constantly on for all the trip home (which it about 10 miles)
Today, i started the car......
No error message or fault?
Can anyone explain...
1. What this fault refers to?
2. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Cheers

Engine Fault on Stilo 16v 1.6 Aircon 2003

Sound as though your have an intermittent fault these can occur and disappear its all according what the fault is as some faults can appear and disappear with the number of start ups you do [for example ]I have just had engine light on and the light will go out after 3 start ups [fault code then left on the ECU as No 4 injector intermittent fault] this will come back unless fault is rectified [was done on last Wednesday earth to live fault No4 injector] get your car in for a diagnostic check to see if anything has been logged on the ECU then take it from there good luck and hope its nothing to serious (y)

My stilo is 1.6 Active, 2002.
Engine fault appears every week and the dealers have noi dea how to fix the problem. They decide that this must be one of the sensors and gave me the number of the sensor Magneti marelli 0942 Motorola C146.
They sais that now when the weater is colder the problem will appear every morning.
Does anyone have the same problem? I'm sick of this time wasting every week! All the time I am visiting the dealers instead of using this stupid car!

Ive just had my second Stop engine failure light come up... first it was a failed map sensor cost me about £120 two days in garage. This time it came up, the car wouldn't start and kept dying. i kept trying and as long as i kept the revs up it was fine. I still need it for work about a mile from where i live.... so ive been driving it, and all seems fine. Engine failure message every time i turn the key but as i say its driving normaly. Strange. It cant be anything too serious, but the garage will tell me on thursday anyways so i'll keep you posted.

My stilo is 1.6 Active, 2002.
Engine fault appears every week and the dealers have noi dea how to fix the problem. They decide that this must be one of the sensors and gave me the number of the sensor Magneti marelli 0942 Motorola C146.
They sais that now when the weater is colder the problem will appear every morning.
Does anyone have the same problem? I'm sick of this time wasting every week! All the time I am visiting the dealers instead of using this stupid car!
time for a new car me thinks. i'v had endless probs with mine, it'd be cheaper to by a little run a round ... by the time you'v finished paying for repairs you could'v bought one. say tara to stilo.

time for a new car me thinks. i'v had endless probs with mine, it'd be cheaper to by a little run a round ... by the time you'v finished paying for repairs you could'v bought one. say tara to stilo.

Welcome (and well done for Searching) (y)

...but do you really think this person needs some advice after nearly 3 years :confused::confused::confused:

I have Fiat Stilo 1.9 JTD. I have the same problem :( . Last couple of weeks i had the problem with engine fault. Whereever i go my car just went down and the light pops in saying engine fault, alternator failure or engine fault low oil presure.. I start the car again and he goes normally but i have my light so i can see it... i went to my mechanic first time and we changed valve pressure for fuel and it was ok till a week ago. now i have again engine fault and i have a big problem because i dont know when he is going to turn off. i dont know what to do anymore. im not sure if isnt something wrong with ECU ?

:bang:

Back