Technical engine fan 1 not engaged in the proper timing

aFiFi

hello my dear fiat friends
i had this issue for a while now
my engine is overheating
i replaced
the water pump
the inner thermostat -the hose not the green piece
and the fan thermostat -the little piece connected to fan motor plugs -except i did not installed the specific one for the car instead i installed some old but working one for another car .
my fans are working probably
except the fan speed 1 does not engage in a proper timing and that makes the car engine over heat and very lean ..
i temporarily manually connect the fan speed 1 rely from the fuse box by wiring it but the engine code turns on and i want a real fix for the problem .
does anyone know how to do it ,
thanks and best regards .
:slayer:

use the specific fan thermostat for your car,the one you put from another car does not mean it works in yours.

use the specific fan thermostat for your car,the one you put from another car does not mean it works in yours.
i suppose i'll replace the fan thermostat and see what happens ,thanks for the respond

i asked if you had aircon
if you have then the fan works on one speed to cool engine down then on faster speed to cool engine down when aircon on
if fan not working on slower speed with aircon off then if it has aircon as i asked but not climate control then the resistor is in the top of the radiator support plastic these go corroded and thus stop working

i am assuming i read your postings correctly

There is a pale grey wire from the fan relay to the ECU. It is the earth trigger wire for the fan. Relay pin 85. It goes to pin B8 on the ecu plug that is closest to the battery. Check this wire for continuity. You can do this two ways.
Run the car and disconnect the water temperature sensor. The Ecu should now earth the grey wire. Check between the relay pin and a body earth. You can lift the relay a few mm to slip in a meter.
Alternatively open the back of the ecu plug and just check the wire continuity from pin B8 back to the relay base.
If the wire is open the fan will not run. A likely place for the break is where the harness from the fusebox crosses behind the battery.

i asked if you had aircon
if you have then the fan works on one speed to cool engine down then on faster speed to cool engine down when aircon on
if fan not working on slower speed with aircon off then if it has aircon as i asked but not climate control then the resistor is in the top of the radiator support plastic these go corroded and thus stop working

i am assuming i read your postings correctly
this is exactly where the problem is ,first its a normal air condition not a climate control type ,the fan speed 2 engage correctly when its turned on ,
my problem is i installed some other old resistor for other car and i did not installed the specific one for the car .
i suppose it makes a difference on the timing for fan to come on and off .
thanks

There is a pale grey wire from the fan relay to the ECU. It is the earth trigger wire for the fan. Relay pin 85. It goes to pin B8 on the ecu plug that is closest to the battery. Check this wire for continuity. You can do this two ways.
Run the car and disconnect the water temperature sensor. The Ecu should now earth the grey wire. Check between the relay pin and a body earth. You can lift the relay a few mm to slip in a meter.
Alternatively open the back of the ecu plug and just check the wire continuity from pin B8 back to the relay base.
If the wire is open the fan will not run. A likely place for the break is where the harness from the fusebox crosses behind the battery.
the fan do engage but not on the right timing due to different resistor installed ,
thanks

Back