Technical Engine Cutting out after Kwik Fit touched it!

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Cutting out after Kwik Fit touched it!

AudiDynamic85, Have you checked all your earth points? Check the ECU earth and Battery Earth (How to's can be found in the guides section)

Hope this helps; keep searching through the forums and eventually someone will be along to help!

:)

Throttle relearn

1) switch ignition on (DONT START) for one minute
2) switch ignition off one minute
3) start car (DONT TOUCH THROTTLE AT ALL) and let idle until cooling fan cuts in (10-15mins)
4) switch off
5) repeat step 1
6) repeat step 2

Picked from a previous post

John

Hi I've tried to perfrom this throttle relearn as i have a similar problem with my car cutting out usually at junctions when i slow down or put my foot on the clutch the rews drop to almost nothing and the engine dies i then get a warning message about oil pressure.

As I said i tried this procedure however i got to about 22 mins and the fan hadn't come on procedure 3! Is the fan coming on crucial or is it just a case of waiting 10 15 mins.

Like i said i waited till about 15 mins finished the instructions but I'm fairly confident that it hasn't done anything as when i started the car after I'd finished it started fine as always but when i rev the engine the revs drop to almost nothing when i take my foot off and then go back up to 1000 the engine didn't cut out but then it doesn't do it always anyway.

Any help would be great as ive had this problem on and off for months now and its driving me mad!!!

My problem by the way also started after Kwikfit had done an oil change and tried to re gas my aircon which didn't work.

I'd be very surprised if your fan isn't coming on after 22 mins! By that time your temp gauge should be up to normal and if it stays there, it proves your fan is working (otherwise it would have overheated by then).

In my experience, the fan is very quiet (on my 2.4 anyway). I wanted to make sure it was working back in the summer and I had real difficulty hearing whether it was on. However, the slight rise of the temp needle above normal, followed by an immediate drop back down below normal proved the fan was indeed kicking in...

Hi I've tried to perfrom this throttle relearn as i have a similar problem with my car cutting out usually at junctions when i slow down or put my foot on the clutch the rews drop to almost nothing and the engine dies i then get a warning message about oil pressure.

As I said i tried this procedure however i got to about 22 mins and the fan hadn't come on procedure 3! Is the fan coming on crucial or is it just a case of waiting 10 15 mins.

Like i said i waited till about 15 mins finished the instructions but I'm fairly confident that it hasn't done anything as when i started the car after I'd finished it started fine as always but when i rev the engine the revs drop to almost nothing when i take my foot off and then go back up to 1000 the engine didn't cut out but then it doesn't do it always anyway.

Any help would be great as ive had this problem on and off for months now and its driving me mad!!!

My problem by the way also started after Kwikfit had done an oil change and tried to re gas my aircon which didn't work.

Possible solutions from reading other threads, you may need to clean the throttle body i think theres a guide in the guides section, it could be the crack shaft sensor. When was the oil filter last changed?

Hi
the oil filter was changed by Kwikfit along with the oil about 3 months ago, I do not know what type of filter was used so i'm not sure if it was a Fiat part or not.

I'd be very surprised if your fan isn't coming on after 22 mins! By that time your temp gauge should be up to normal and if it stays there, it proves your fan is working (otherwise it would have overheated by then).

In my experience, the fan is very quiet (on my 2.4 anyway). I wanted to make sure it was working back in the summer and I had real difficulty hearing whether it was on. However, the slight rise of the temp needle above normal, followed by an immediate drop back down below normal proved the fan was indeed kicking in...

The car didn't over heat it got up to temperature around the 13 min mark and stayed there I assumed i would here the fan kick in obviously its quiet I'm not to hot with cars I'm afraid well only driving them anyway.

So my original question being did the relearn process not work because i waited to long perhaps?

Back