Technical Engine cut out while driving, wont start anymore

Currently reading:
Technical Engine cut out while driving, wont start anymore

NineHundred

Hi Guys,

So a week ago my Uno passes it's MOT, with advisory to replace the distributor cap and rotor arm as they're both pretty much done. Change them both with new ones a few days later, car starts up straight away, all good.

Drove it on Saturday and after about 5 minutes the engine cuts out and I pull over, try and restart but can't get it going again. Come back to it Sunday to tow it home, it starts up as normal and I manage to drive about 100 yards before it stops again. Right now it's on our drive and wont start.

Anybody able to offer any advice? Spark plugs seem fine and made sure the new bits I put on are good.

possibly the coil pack. Is the car turning over ok when you try to start the car. do you know if it has a mechanical or electric fuel pump. What model of uno.

Will turn over and occasionally will start up if I leave it a day, but will cut out a few seconds later. But yes, it always turns over. I'm not too sure if it's mechanical or electric fuel pump. It's a 90' 1.1 60S.

What would the signs be if I checked the coil pack?

Last edited:
Bit of an update -

No fuel looked to be coming through, so we replaced the pump and it seems to be going through now, still wont start.

Tried to jump start it, nothing. Towed it back and tried to jump start while being towed and it was running the whole way home. Soon as we slow down to stop, engine cuts out.

hi guys im new around here..im sitting with the sblemafter car cut out I advancedthe timing.itdrove for about 20km and as I came to a stop the car cut out.i now have no spark at all.PLEASE help

hi im not sure if u got the problem sorted yet..check if ur module is gettibg hot?after reading on the forum about 'modules' thats the first place i went to look!i touched the module and burnt the skin off my finger it was so hot.i then used a bottle of water to poor over the module and she started.ive done that a few times but today she cut out and wont start again lol.so im now trying to find a decent module thats gonna last cause the previous one didnt even last a month.

check if u got power to the distributor and coil
use a multi meter and check if there is resistance on ALL (5) of the plug leads
and dont forget the module lol

Back