Technical switching off while driving

Currently reading:
Technical switching off while driving

bilopapa

howsit guys my uno 1.1 keeps switching off while i drive, and then every time i crank it shows a battery light but doesnt come on after maybe 15 to 20 cranks then it starts....any suggestions what could be the problem....?

First thing I would do is check battery cable connections- I had it cut my car out whilst driving- sounds like battery is ok if it’s turning 20 cranks and I assume the alternator is showing 14+ volts….Any codes present?

First thing I would do is check battery cable connections- I had it cut my car out whilst driving- sounds like battery is ok if it’s turning 20 cranks and I assume the alternator is showing 14+ volts….Any codes present?
yes its showing 14volts but then i checked my alternator cap and it was burnt out so i replaced it was driving well then again it switched of this morning then just knocked that module on the distributor and it started...do you think maybe the bogey cables maybe also.

only battery light present

So your distributor is intermittently malfunctioning?
Cables are easier things to check- all need to be solid clean connections in order to carry the amount of voltage required.
Any deviation in voltage can cause malfunctions in other devices.

What vehicle are we talking about?

Back