Technical Elelctrical diagram for engine ducato 230 2,8JTD 2000

Currently reading:
Technical Elelctrical diagram for engine ducato 230 2,8JTD 2000

LukaszD

Hello everyone,
I'm swapping the engine in a Ducato 230. I'm going to change the 2.5 TDI to the 2.8 JTD. Therefore, I need a wiring diagram for the engine control. Does anyone have access to electrical diagrams?

Thx.!

I think that you are brave to attempt this task. OuI of interest rather than need, I keep looking for x230 engine diagrams, but without success. If you do not have the 2.8jtd, it would be much easier to fit the 2.8idTD.

For the 2.8jtd, you would need sensors for the road speed, and engine rpm, which would be included if also changing the gearbox. However unless they are from an x230, they will not connect with the mechanical speedometer, and rpm gauges in your x230.
There are also diagram changes according to which fuel filter is fitted. The plastic UFI filter housing (so called green filter) was fitted to later models.
The 2.8jtd uses a clutch pedal sensor (switch), do you have this, or can it be mounted.

Probably, there will be many more problems.

Please be aware that there are four versions of the 8140.43s, and two versions of the 8140.43n power version.
The main alternatives with the 8140.43s are with and without EGR ( no mass airflow sensor (debimeter)). There are also two methods of cold staring, flame starter or thermal starter.

I have four basic diagrams taken from Fiat eLearn, from which I can select two to cover my x244 vehicle and alternativ engine variations. However not everything is included, and I have to add missing items. Main items so far are ignition key input to ECU, and manifold pressure/temperature sensor, on which my non EGR engine relies.

I also hold a collection an Argentinian collection of diagrams for the 2.8jtd, in which the engine diagrams do show some of the missing components.

I have already bought a 2.8 jtd engine. it is without egr, with a flame plug. I also have a fuel tank with a pump, an accelerator pedal and a clutch sensor. I have a complete donor car for this purpose. However, I don't want to move the wiring harness. I want to cut the necessary wires from the donor and install them in my car. Unfortunately, the electrical installation in the donor is damaged and I don't know how to deal with it

Sorry for delay in reply. I have been trying to identify parts for another vehicle.
As previously stated, I have not found engine wiring for the x230 2.8jtd. Without the diagram, it will be difficult to do.
I have found Fiat eLearn for the x244 a useful source of information, but it does have errors and omissions.
A large part of eLearn is available online, but some of the diagrams (not engine) are unreadable. Also engine description, which includes ECU connections, is not complete. Usful feature of eLearn, is that you can scroll down from diagram, click on a connector, and read the wiring details, such as colour and size for each pin.
See here.
If you can supply type of fuel filter, (metal canister, or plastic housing, I will post/send the correct pair of engine diagrams (E5050 parts 1 & 2). Also there is the possibility of using drawings from the Agentinian set, which I have noticed includes the clutch connection and manifold pressure/temperature sensor connections. If needed eLearn for the x244 is listed in the forum downloads, but it does need to runon a Windows computer.

I have attached one of the parts of engine wiring diagram for the x244 appropriate for no EGR.

In general you will need to connect all sensors and several relays and the injectors to the ECU. There may also be new alarms/warnings to display.

Anything that you can salvage from the donor vehicle will help.

Attachments

• eLearn E5050-2b Engine Management without EGR.pdf
    995.9 KB · Views: 59
Don't know if this is of any help, but if you wanted to go a more simple route without ECU etc. In the past I had several Iveco Daily's with the similar Sofim engines,from the 35/8 (80Hp indirect injection 2.5) on and up to the 2.8JTD (130Hp) plus one of the later 2.8idTD 122Hp 1997/8 non ECU Fiat Ducato Maxi vans which I put the engine in a boat and if you wanted more power on yours, was able to adjust the Bosch injector pump and increase the turbo boost to give approaching the performance of the original 150Hp V6 Volvo Penta Petrol engine but with less than half the fuel consumption and was still running trouble free 4 years later when I sold the boat.
I was even able, on one of the Daily 2.8s to fit a 2.5 direct injection cylinder head to replace one too badly damaged by cambelt failure, as at the time I had several damaged complete engine's, courtesy of a local mini bus company, just had to fit a non damaged con rod to suit as cambelt failure on those I found always bent a con rod.;)
Off hand I don't know but if it was possible to fit non common rail injectors into the JTD cylinder head, but if so it may be possible to fit the 2.5 injector pump and pipes completely , maybe by simply unbolting the entire injector pump/oil filter/power steering etc. housing that is held to the engine block by the six long bolts to get it running, maybe by adjusting the Bosch pump and turbo to match the 2.8 until you could locate a good 2.8 injector pump.
No guarantees, but it may be a more simply conversion without having to involve all the electronics of the JTD.
You may know this already, but although similar the Sofim engine used in the RWD Iveco Daily's has a different bottom end so not interchangeable with FWD Fiat Ducato which runs on a slant/angle compared with the up right Iveco.:)

Sorry for delay in reply. I have been trying to identify parts for another vehicle.
As previously stated, I have not found engine wiring for the x230 2.8jtd. Without the diagram, it will be difficult to do.
I have found Fiat eLearn for the x244 a useful source of information, but it does have errors and omissions.
A large part of eLearn is available online, but some of the diagrams (not engine) are unreadable. Also engine description, which includes ECU connections, is not complete. Usful feature of eLearn, is that you can scroll down from diagram, click on a connector, and read the wiring details, such as colour and size for each pin.
See here.
If you can supply type of fuel filter, (metal canister, or plastic housing, I will post/send the correct pair of engine diagrams (E5050 parts 1 & 2). Also there is the possibility of using drawings from the Agentinian set, which I have noticed includes the clutch connection and manifold pressure/temperature sensor connections. If needed eLearn for the x244 is listed in the forum downloads, but it does need to runon a Windows computer.

I have attached one of the parts of engine wiring diagram for the x244 appropriate for no EGR.

In general you will need to connect all sensors and several relays and the injectors to the ECU. There may also be new alarms/warnings to display.

Anything that you can salvage from the donor vehicle will help.
i have a metal fuel filter

Appropriate drawing for x244 and ECU connections attached.

While these are from eLearn for the x244, they should help.

Attachments

• eLearn E5050-1a Engine Management Canister Filter.pdf
    125.8 KB · Views: 48
  • ECU Thermal Starter no EGR.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
Back